New Owner

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
What's up guys? First time here. I just bought a brand new black '07 yesterday and I'm sooooooo inlove with it. I rode a '01 R1 (bought it used in Oct. of '05) for two years and this is a completely different bike. It's so comfy and ohhhh sooooo smooooooth.  Just want to introduce myself. Forgot to mention, I love long distance riding. One time, I did 825 miles in 14 1/4 hours on my R1. With the Busa, I feel like I can do over 1000 miles in one day. I only have 147 miles on her as of today.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Better hurry with pics before you get in trouble.
crazy.gif

Welcome, and how about a PIC!. Congratulations on choosing the fastest color!

Sorry guys, very busy right now. I can't even go the the store to purchase the swingarm spools. I had a doctor's appointment, picked up the kids from school, leaving for the gym in 10 minutes, will try tomorrow afternoon. My kids are haflday so I will even ask my son to take a picture of me and my new love.

Guys,
just curious. how many horsepower is the '07 model? thanks.

No pics yet...... Where are your prioritys man... (lol) J.K.

post up when you can.....

I think that the H.P. is about 170 or something close to that.........

Guys, I can't sleep. I just keep thinking about my newly found love in the garage. The worst part is it's been raining since last night. That means I can't ride and I can't take her outside to take pictures. Please be patient. I'm trying. It's 1:39 am. I woke up thinking about her. I said I can't ride because I'm so used to getting up in the morning and ride around the beltway (close to 100 miles)just before breakfast. I get up at 3:50 am and head out around 4:00 am and ride for about an hour and a half. By the way, I'm 41 years old. Turned 41 last Sept. 14 but with my newly found love, I feel like I'm 14. She, by the way, is my 40th birthday present for myself. I couldn't afford to get her last year that's why I got her just two days ago. Hopefully, I can take pictures of her sometime today. I'm really sorry guys. Will get back with you later.

welcome to the forum. the 07 model is 156bhp at the rear wheel according to the official figures but depending on the height above see level and type of dyno you use it can differ considerably.my 05 is pushing 176bhp at 2500m abovesealevel on a normal dyno after ive fitted yoshi end cans and bmc filter.

newbie.gif
be safe and enjoy, and you'll get over those feelings in about 1 year and 22K miles
SHOCKED.gif

LOL, dont sweat it Bro, I still have to stop and gaze at her when I go in and out of the garage. She is tucked in nice and safe. I have been riding for 19 years, and never had this kind of attachment to a bike before.
beerchug.gif

Back