New owner

tlrbandit

Registered
Well, I was on the board asking questions about the LSL bars last week and hinting that my Dad was really thinking about buying a Hayabusa. I sourced out the best prices in California and gave them to my Dad knowing that it could take a year before he actually decided to go buy one. I stopped by his house today and guess what, a brand new, 2006 LE White Hayabusa was parked near the front door of the house.

How cool is that?

Now, where do I find the Genmar risers? I know there are various sizes, but which one can be used with Heli bars? I need to make something happen quick because he won't be able to do any long rides until we can get this fixed.

I tried logging him in but under his own sign on name (Austin), but didn't have much luck. Something wrong with the computer, which my Mom will have to resolve. Hopefully you will get to meet him soon. Meanwhile, I'll get some pics this weekend and share them.

Thanks for you help.

That is awesome. Just make sure he safe out there. Get him a louder pipe so he doesn't get ran over.

As the best line from The Shawshank Redemption says... "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

awesome...my dad rides a honda shadow but that would be just too cool to be able to both be on busa's!...a family that plays together, stays together
smile.gif

Man, your Dad is an inspiration to us all...
There is a T-shirt I've seen that says...

You don't stop riding cause you get old...
You get old cause you stop riding...

He is a living example of that shirt...

David

when installing both, be sure to check windshield frame clearances on full left and right turns. Hope he likes his new rocket. Its darn sure smooth enough but the weight may be problematic at the end of a long ride. Just be near him at the last dismount
wink.gif

Pop is in great shape, and physically he has always been abnormally strong. I have less worries with him on a bike than I do with all of my friends.

Once the handlebar issue is resolved he will be good to go on his average 300 mile bike ride.

Oh, he already has the 1 tooth smaller front sprocket!
smile.gif

Thanks for your help.

Oh man, that is great! Gotta get him to post up or at least put up some pics of you all with your toys.

It gives me high hopes, that is so cool. Good luck and remind him to wear all his gear, all the time.

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

If you go with the 1.25 Genmar risers and Heli bars you will need to get longer brake and clutch lines.

Thumbs up to your dad.

I hope to still be riding my 'busa when I'm 80!!! In my house, I won't let my 25 Y.O. son ride it--he's still not experienced enough!!!

Well, I can tell you both of these guys love the Hayabusa. Dad rode yesterday and got caught out the in thunderstorms and was completely soaked. When I asked him how he like the bike now he just smiled and said he loved it. Even in the rain, completely soaked, his enthusiasm for this bike is going strong. I think he was most proud of the fact that while breaking the bike in and riding it "easy" he has already eliminated any form of a chicken strip. Ray calls them ##### lines, the bigger the line the bigger the _ _ _ _ _ is that is riding it. lol's I guess when you get old you can get away with saying that stuff in public. If I said something like that in public I'm sure I'd get my butt kicked.

Pop always said that when he turned 70 he was gonna retire to a Harley, he told me yesterday that may have to wait until he is 80!

Back