New Owner "South Texas"

:welcome:

How far south of Houston? Im in corpus..

What rotary do you have making 600hp? 13B I assume and then bridgeport or huge street port for that sort of power and a T51R?S?

I had a 13B (fd, 1996) in japan with about 450hp with a big street port and a t04R, running 1.5 boost.

Ever heard of JT-Imports? They are close now though....

Last edited:
:welcome: to the Org! When you say South of Houston, which city? Hubby and I both grew up in Manvel, TX but the city was so small we graduated high school in Alvin, TX (most people know Alvin, TX because of Nolan Ryan; we went to school with his kids).

We have a pretty good following of Texas members around here.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, the only pictures that i have of it is from the guy that i bought it from.

I am south of Houston!!!

3k43mf3p45O95Qc5R298pd6e5dd9c589f1c.jpg

3n43me3o95Q75P75R598pfd862f23fcb219.jpg

I will get more as the days roll on.

Dude, it's just like mine sweet!!! Welcome :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well i am near Freeport Tx.

On the 600hp rotary, it is a 13B Half Bridgeported with a GT42 turbo running 18psi of boost on pump gas. It is fast but nothing like this bike.

I have now put 300+/- miles on the Busa, and it drives like a champ, nothing like my old one, it is kinda hard to keep it near the speed limit.

I do have one question, when you are engine braking (No gas still in gear) does your bike backfire (exhaust type) when it get in the 5-2K range. Mine is doing this, didn't know if that was a issue or something that they all do. Normally a fuel injected motor will backfire if there is no fuel cut on decel. On my rotary, I have my ECU setup so if i reach 18psi of boost and the TPS goes back to 0-3% it will continue to inject fuel until the throttle goes above the 0-3%. I use this to cool the rotor and combustion chamber after a hard run, it will backfire like crazy sometimes there are some nice flames.

Anyways just wondering if that is a common thing, by-the-way, bike idles great 1K+/-, runs strong no problems at all just on decel the exhaust backfires?

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Last edited:
:welcome: to the Org! When you say South of Houston, which city? Hubby and I both grew up in Manvel, TX but the city was so small we graduated high school in Alvin, TX (most people know Alvin, TX because of Nolan Ryan; we went to school with his kids).

We have a pretty good following of Texas members around here.

On the 600hp rotary, it is a 13B Half Bridgeported with a GT42 turbo running 18psi of boost on pump gas. It is fast but nothing like this bike.

I have now put 300+/- miles on the Busa, and it drives like a champ, nothing like my old one, it is kinda hard to keep it near the speed limit.

I do have one question, when you are engine braking (No gas still in gear) does your bike backfire (exhaust type) when it get in the 5-2K range. Mine is doing this, didn't know if that was a issue or something that they all do. Normally a fuel injected motor will backfire if there is no fuel cut on decel. On my rotary, I have my ECU setup so if i reach 18psi of boost and the TPS goes back to 0-3% it will continue to inject fuel until the throttle goes above the 0-3%. I use this to cool the rotor and combustion chamber after a hard run, it will backfire like crazy sometimes there are some nice flames.

Anyways just wondering if that is a common thing, by-the-way, bike idles great 1K+/-, runs strong no problems at all just on decel the exhaust backfires?

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Wow, small world.
I used to hang out in Surfside and my wife's side of the family lives in Alvin and near Manvel.
Love Texas
Oh and :welcome: to the madness called the Org.
Ride safe Bro.
Bubba

Welcome, she's a beaut!

And man is a small world, grew up in Lake Jackson, used to hang out in Surfside and my family still lives down there in Pearland, planning on making a trip down there on mine in the next few weeks, work permitting that is.

It is the Par valve. It is trying to burn the excess gas. There is a Par valve mod for the Gen I you can do to get rid of that, But I am not sure of the exacts on what it is, as I have a Gen II which just requires a marble or something of such size to block the valve. if you do a search on here, you will find it. I have seen it somewhere for the GEN I but to tell you where that is the hard part.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, the only pictures that i have of it is from the guy that i bought it from.

I am south of Houston!!!

3k43mf3p45O95Qc5R298pd6e5dd9c589f1c.jpg

3n43me3o95Q75P75R598pfd862f23fcb219.jpg

I will get more as the days roll on.

i was looking at this bike on CL when i was hopping for my new busa !
nice clean looking bike !:welcome:

Back