New owner in NC

Sips06

Registered
After one year of waiting, searching and reading all I could from this site, I've finally made it. The bike is lowered 2" in the rear with lowering links, 1.5" in the front witih triple tree clamps and D&D takes care of the exhaust. The previous owner stated she had a rash down her left side from being down but nothing busted. Well, on the day I went to see it, it was below 32* and yes it did have a rash down the left side but the fairings were not broken like I feared. Now, this is where I must give thanks for all who have posted on here for the benefit of new owners of this machine. After standing there just gazing and listening to it idle, I swear I heard this soft voice inside of my head whisper, "Let's go for a ride", and so we did. Now, remember what the temp is, 32*. I remember reading somewhere on this site about cold tires and pavement and it suddenly came back to me when I felt the rear acting up. I instantly remembered the advice and comments and put it to work and had a short but good ride even if it was freezing. With all things considered, the bike had less than 6400 miles and the owner wanting less than six grand, it was loaded up and taken home. I've had two days since to take it out for a while and now I see what everybody has been talking about and yes, that smile is there. Thanks for listening. Sip.

P1010663.JPG

:welcome:

Stay tuned to the SouthEast riders thread for get togethers and rides.

Welcome aboard my friend. You have a very nice machine, since she is already speaking to you, what is her name?

The name, well, I was trying to come up with something cool when my daughter Rain asked if we could call her Blue, sometimes the simple things work, and so it stuck. Then she asked if we could repaint the bike to match the Blue's Clues character and put paw prints on it, I just looked at her.???

Welcome good intro! As stated daughters rule. Now let the mods begin :laugh:! This site will break ya, but the inforamtion is priceless. And the people are TOPNOTCH!!

Back