New Member (heheheheh he said member), sorry!

The Busa is a great bike, dependable and relatively cheap to maintain, however you mentioned you've had a K-Bike in the past.

Now, I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here goes. After owning nine different street bikes including two K-Bikes and two Busa's, I thought I had sworn off BMW's. The key word being thought!

Yes, they're expensive and a little quirky, but something kept drawing me back. I saw the problems with the early K1300s' and just enjoyed the Busa. But then I rode a 2011 K1300S and was blown away by it. It really is in a different league than the Busa and I don't mean that as an insult to the Busa, but the price difference proved to not be based solely on a brand name, but in the design of the machine.
The engine has much more low end grunt, the torque that thing puts out during everyday riding is amazing. Steering is dramatically lighter and faster, the brakes are some of the best I have ever felt and w/ABS, the quick shifter is another great touch once you break the habit of using the clutch for upshifts. ESA II suspension is simply the best; comfort, normal, or sport settings at the push of a button while on the fly!!!

So long story short, can you make the Busa more comfortable, yes. If you look at my tag line you will see that I put several thousand $$ into improving the ride of the bike and it was set up pretty nice. But even with the mods it still doesn't compare to my new K-Bike.

Know what you want the bike to do and know what it will cost you (Mods, Maintenance, Insurance) before you buy to help avoid any surprises or disappointments.

Let the thrashing begin!

Welcome aboard!!! I only put Helibars, Puig d/b windscreen, and Corbin seat on mine and I love it. 20+ hour rides don't bother me at all.

Sleepless....nice bike! That is exactly the info I was looking for. You and racer have given me a good start on where to start and go from.
Thanks again,
Trippin

Back