New member from So IL with a dumb question?

Nomax1300

Registered
Hi everyone,
My name is Jim and I am from Southern Illinois, My wife Joy and I just bought our first Hayabusa this weekend in North west Alabama. Its the blue and gold 08 busa. I have not got a chance to ride it yet, it only 15 degrees here. I traveled 800 miles round trip to get it Saturday. I know that we are going to love when we get a chance to ride it. I trade my VTX 1300 in on it.
This will be my 2nd sport bike, I had an 07 CBR 600 and I love it and missed a sportbike so bad. I thought that a cruiser would work for us but not. I missed the performance and all my "harley buddies" gave us alot of grief for not riding an HD. Now that will leave us alone.
My dumb question is, how do I get the seat off and how do I get the rear seat off too. I am looking for the owners manual? Any help would be greatly appreciated. You have a great site here, glad to be a part of it. :banghead:

Thanks in advance for all your help

To take the rear seat off, just put the key in the key hole that is on the back of the bike and turn it while lifting up on back of the seat. The front seat comes off with two screws, one on each side of the seat. Congrats on the new bike! Any pics?

Welcome aboard! To take the seat off you'll need a 5mm (I think) maybe 4mm hex head. The bolts are just underneath the seat both sides. And the hump should come off with the key! I have a gen 1! I'll get pics or someone else will chime in soon. I'm currently at work.

Welcome to the oRg. The only dumb question is the one that was never asked. 300 is correct, the rear comes off with the key, the front is retained by two bolts. Got any pics of the new girl? BTW, the manual should be under the rear seat in a plastic sleeve. If its not there, ask the dealer for it.

You shouldn't have to take the front seat off unless you are getting a new one, need to get to the battery or adjust the idle. The rear seat/hump is the one that you will be taking off most of the time.

Welcome, and the fastest color too! Do a search the K8 Manual is linked to this site and pinned!

:welcome: and congrats on the new purchase. Once you get to ride you'll be addicted, no doubt in my mind. It's always good to see another member in the area, there are a few of us but not many. I'm just up the road from you in Mt. Vernon so if you ever need anything don't hesitate to hit me up

:welcome: hope your problems are solved, any questions, JUST ASK :cheerleader:

We're here to answer ALL your questions ??? ! Now if they're correct :whistle:, well that's another question :laugh:

Just joking, someone here will have the answer for most questions (most have been there, done that) or we can tell you who to call :beerchug:

I beleive the key hole to release the Hump on an 08 is on the left side and it is actually under the tail section a little.

:welcome:

SANY0032.jpg

1. Is the bolt for the front seat (one bolt on either side)
2. Is the key lock for the back seat/hump
3. Is the fastest color... :laugh:

welcome Northern Indiana here so I'm freezing my _ _ _ _ off with you congrats on the purchase! spend your cold days getting to know the bike look it over so when you have to maintenance it will cut down on your down time...take a scotch bright pad to those shinny new tires before you go out and ride the twist's

Back