New Lowering Tree Scratched Panel!

Thanks for the info....It's been a while since I installed the tree, but don't the bars have a set screw hole in them so they can't be turned?

Read the post again, I edited it while you were responding.

I think you should be able to adjust one or the other....Been a couple years since I did mine.

Not a good angle, but you can clearly see you should be able to get more space under there.

IMG_2686.jpg

Last edited:
a fix would be to add a nother spanner nut under youre tree that would raise it up a 3/16 of an inch, but it looks like they should of trid one before doing a production run

I'm out of threads though...if I could get more thread for the nut to grab onto, I could space the tree a little higher.

Read the post again, I edited it while you were responding.

I think you should be able to adjust one or the other....Been a couple years since I did mine.

Not a good angle, but you can clearly see you should be able to get more space under there.

IMG_2686.jpg

Thanks for the picture...you have a LOT of clearance.

At full lock each direction, my levers are very close, but they don't touch. The brake and clutch res are close too, but no touching anywhere.

At full lock each direction, my levers are very close, but they don't touch. The brake and clutch res are close too, but no touching anywhere.

I can tell you right now by the picture you posted that the kill switch is angled higher that mine....if I can get mine like that it should take care of the problem....I hope!

From the bottom of my tree (as if it were sitting on a table) to the center of my handlebar is about 2 1/8".

From the bottom of my tree (as if it were sitting on a table) to the center of my handlebar is about 2 1/8".

OK, I wasn't including the thickness of the tree. I measured mine from the top of the square where the bar inserts to the bottom of it where it mounts to the tree. I got about 9/16".

Not sure what you mean. The bar is larger than 9/16" so the square it's in is larger than that. Measure as I described...it's tough to get in there, but try that. ...trying to figure out how high your bars are from the bottom of the mount. This will be a good comparison.

I think this is going to be your problem. In your pic, your bar is lower in your clamp than mine is. Your only solution is going to be to try to rotate the bars or the controls, or something like helibars I would imagine.

See what I mean?

133135d1236906003-new-lowering-tree-scratched-panel-p1070012.jpg

vs.

4sale-6x.jpg

Last edited:
That type of lowering tree is more race oriented. You need the lowering tree that works with the stock upper clamp.

Another fix is helibars, that would give you plenty of clearance.

I think this is going to be your problem. In your pic, your bar is lower in your clamp than mine is. Your only solution is going to be to try to rotate the bars or the controls, or something like helibars I would imagine.

See what I mean?

133135d1236906003-new-lowering-tree-scratched-panel-p1070012.jpg

vs.

4sale-6x.jpg

Exactly....that's also what I'm referring to. I was just out in the garage playing with it, and got it to clear a little better so that the only time it rubs is when you turn the handlebars all the way to the right.

That type of lowering tree is more race oriented.

I agree with that...the riding position is down a little more than stock. I wasn't aware there was two different types..?? Just saw the Helibars...almost think I may want to stick with a different tree if I was to change. If I could just move the throttle adjustment cable a little....

Last edited:
Nice looking tree though.
I believe that, that tree also has the bars clamps angled inwards, towards the tank.

Not much you can do.
I have used a dremel tool to alter the notch in the handle bar.
This will enable you to "Roll" it a bit.

In the end, I used a GenMar riser,on both bikes, to both lower the front and retain bar height position.

Nice looking tree though.
I believe that, that tree also has the bars clamps angled inwards, towards the tank.

Not much you can do.
I have used a dremel tool to alter the notch in the handle bar.
This will enable you to "Roll" it a bit.

Thanks...I like the look too, and that's a great idea regarding the dremel, that may be the answer. After adjusting it a little more just a few minutes ago, almost got it all, were only talking maybe a quarter inch more and that would give me the clearance.....

Back