New Leathers

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Ever since I saw Howlin' go down last year in turn 9 at Willow, and after seeing Twisted come through his low side in Vegas last month, I've been telling myself I HAVE to get better skins. My 15 year old leathers are wearing very well, but they have NO armor. The thought of smashing one of my boney knees or elbows makes me shudder to think of it.

Well, I was at my mechanic's for an oil change and a new rear and I mentioned to him that I was looking for new leathers and had been trying on different styles and brands. I couldn't find one that I liked. He told me he just got a close out model of a Dainese racing suit in and that I should try it on. I liked it as soon as I saw it and it's not shot all full of perforations so I could use it in winter. "Dammit Jeff!" I said, "it fits!" I'm thinking "this is going to be expensive." But oh boy it's nice, armor in the shoulders, elbows, knees, (I ordered a back protector) He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, a special 15 year loyal customer low sale price, that I swore I wouldn't reveal. (and I won't) I wore them home and took the bike out for a ride to scuff the rear and I love my new skins.
Enough blah blah blah, here's a pic:

Dad_Dianese.JPG

Excellent. They look great and the colors go very well with yer busa!
super.gif
Congrats on the new gear.
beerchug.gif

I imagine it's going to be kinda hot, but the heat doesn't bother me. The hotter, the better.
hot.gif
I have vents in the underarms and behind the knees.

I did get the tire scuffed, had to get rid of the whiskers.

Scuffed_208.JPG

Back