New IWB holster.

Or even worse you may just draw your gun in a state of panic and stroke the trigger on an empty chamber completely forgetting to rack the slide. Draw and 2 to the chest 1 to head, that's all you need to worry about.
Train and practice till its second nature cuz when it happens that's all you'll be able to fall back on. No time to think, just act.

Or even worse you may just draw your gun in a state of panic and stroke the trigger on an empty chamber completely forgetting to rack the slide. Draw and 2 to the chest 1 to head, that's all you need to worry about.
Train and practice till its second nature cuz when it happens that's all you'll be able to fall back on. No time to think, just act.

Good words to live by, and, from watching your draw, you have practiced a LOT....

My wife isn't sure about the practicing thing yet. She understands the basic need to do so but.... As of now practice time is when she isn't around.

I dont carry with one chambered either. Yes, there will be a delay when I draw and chamber a round, but this is something that I have thought about and practiced repeatedly.

All i need is enough time to nonchalantly get my hand in my pants pocket like i'm getting my keys or something....

Guys, gals, carry with one in the chamber. You don`t want to be in a situation where you are rendered the use of one hand and the weapon does not have a round in the chamber. It could be an oppertunity to save your loved ones life and you can`t do it because you carry an empty gun.

Learned something new. If you have to goto the bathroom and undo your belt and button fly make sure to hold your pants or they fall down with the weight and your gun smashes your toe.

Guess this is why i'm practicing around the house with an unloaded firearm.

Learned something new. If you have to goto the bathroom and undo your belt and button fly make sure to hold your pants or they fall down with the weight and your gun smashes your toe.

Get a gun belt, a belt made to support a gun. If you have to take dump in a public place, remove the holster from your belt and britches. Wanna take a chance that a citizen see`s A GUN and calls the Cops? Or even a Cop has to releive himself and see`s a gun under the private enclosure. What do you think will happen? Your face on the floor or worse.

Guys, gals, carry with one in the chamber. You don`t want to be in a situation where you are rendered the use of one hand and the weapon does not have a round in the chamber. It could be an oppertunity to save your loved ones life and you can`t do it because you carry an empty gun.

Bo that is an excellent point I think Skydivr and TwoTone may have not contemplated. They are both counting on having two hands available.

Let's say the encounter is up close and personal and you need to utilize your weak hand to fend off an attacker or just engage him while drawing your weapon to defend yourself. I used to teach folks to throw up their weak hand in a motion toward head/face of attacker while drawing weapon and keeping it in close and low to your hip while shooting. All in one motion you can imagine a 'no 'smack' , draw, shoot from the hip. With an empty chamber this will not be possible.

Good words to live by, and, from watching your draw, you have practiced a LOT....

I've made only a couple :)

A lot of times I remove it and place it on top of toilet behind me or just leave your pants about knee high and push out with your legs. It will keep them up. But then again I like crapping at home so this is a rare problem :laugh:

This is one training tool I used to recommend to all.

A clock with a second hand on it.
roger-lascelles-swiss-station-clock-sweep-second-hand-30cm.jpg

Place it on wall about face level. Breathe and Relax. Hands up in typical surrender position, gun concealed in your rig under cover. When that second hand moves draw weapon and dry fire it once. Try to accomplish that before the second hand moves again. With practice you will be amazed that you can draw that thing and stroke the trigger in a second or less. After you have mastered that simple technique go to a range and do it with live ammo on an up close silhouette. Again once you've mastered drawing from concealed carry and firing one round on target in less than a second try a double tap. Once you've gotten a clean double tap ACCURATELY on target then try 2 to the chest and 1 to the head. Slow is fast so start off just getting the motion down of hands up 'ok I won't move' or whatever and drawing. Practice and time will make you fast. Your overall goal should be to be able draw weapon from cover with hands up and get three rounds on target in less than a second. You may think this is crazy fast and difficult but I've taught all kinds of people to do this and many used to come back in to the range just to show me what they had accomplished.

A lot of times I remove it and place it on top of toilet behind me or just leave your pants about knee high and push out with your legs. It will keep them up. But then again I like crapping at home so this is a rare problem :laugh:

You read about the occasional Cop/LEO that leaves their gun on the toilet tank. That is why I keep it on my knee/leg.

You too! I dump at home and at work. :flush:

Leave your britches at knee high and put your gun in your pants leg as you sit down. If you carry chambered, booger hook off the bang switch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

always carry your gun with one in the chamber... when you actually have to be in the situation trust me you will not remember to chamber one. Ive had to draw mine before but have never had to fire and the adrenaline thats rushing is beyond belief

Gun belt is a top priority. Going to look tomorrow. Also need to decide on chambered round with hammer back and safety on or double action. If it was a 1911 it would be cocked and locked for sure but the CZ doesn't have the additional feature of the grip safety. Maybe I'm over thinking it all.

Gun belt is a top priority. Going to look tomorrow. Also need to decide on chambered round with hammer back and safety on or double action. If it was a 1911 it would be cocked and locked for sure but the CZ doesn't have the additional feature of the grip safety. Maybe I'm over thinking it all.

I think I am guilty of this as well.... "over thinking" with regard to my Springfield Armory XD(m) 9mm.

With my 1911 Long Slide, keeping one in the chamber, cocked and locked, seems perfectly reasonable... the weapon is just not going to fire until the safety is thumbed down.

The XD(m), OTOH, has the very common striker pin firing arrangement, and while I fully realize that the striker pin shouldn't be able to strike a chambered round without meeting the following two conditions concurrently: a) the trigger safety engaged properly, and b) the backstrap grip safety being properly engaged, still and all.... this arrangement bothers the hell out of me. I think it is the combination of the (raised) chambered round indicator, coupled with the visual proof that the striker pin is cocked and ready..... this combination just bugs me.

I realize this is irrational, and I know the weapon should be "safe" locked and loaded, but.... it still bugs me. To the point that I don't feel like carrying the XD(m). :banghead: Dumb, I know... and the Long Slide is obviously sub-optimal to carry concealed; it's a big-ass, heavy chunk of steel.

The correct answer here is for me to simply just get over the XD(m) safety concerns. Wish it were as easy as saying it.... :(

The correct answer here is for me to simply just get over the XD(m) safety concerns. Wish it were as easy as saying it.... :(

^This. Depending on what 1911 you have, that XDm is most likely safer than the gun you feel so safe with. :laugh:

Carrying is way more of a mental game than a physical one (finding the right holster, etc) once you get over the mental aspect of carrying and feeling like you are a criminal by having a gun on you, its a no-brainer...
But in order for that to happen, you need to be comfortable with it, and if that means carrying your 1911, carry it. Better that than nothing at all.. I hate manual safeties on guns, simply because in the heat of the moment, I don't want to have to remember to turn off a safety. My brain is my safety. If that fails, I fail...

There is no doubt as to the correct answer for a double action auto and that is one in the chamber with hammer down. You are correct in the Cz does not have grip safety nor does it have the same hammer drop safety meaning should the gun be dropped onto the hammer and it releases for whatever reason the chances of a discharge are greater than on a 1911.

Get a good stiff gun belt, but don't go overboard and try to stay away from the larger names like Bianchi or Galco. They do make good stuff but you can find comparable for almost half.

I have one of these and it will even properly support and conceal my para ordnance P14 with 16 .45 rnds in it!
Leather Gun Belts | Durable Leather Holster Belts

Ok. Let's run down the list of things we learned

Carry chambered
Printing happens
Holster box is inevitable
Gun belt is important
Practice lots
Comfort is important
But most importantly.......How to poop with a CCW.

Am I missing anything :p

Back