New IWB holster.

Guys, gals, carry with one in the chamber. You don`t want to be in a situation where you are rendered the use of one hand and the weapon does not have a round in the chamber. It could be an oppertunity to save your loved ones life and you can`t do it because you carry an empty gun.

I would normally agree. I have to balance the safety of not having one in the pipe with my 10 year old daughter (11 on Thursday :cheerleader:) around vs. the risk of having to charge it when the time comes....all tradeoffs.

I would normally agree. I have to balance the safety of not having one in the pipe with my 10 year old daughter (11 on Thursday :cheerleader:) around vs. the risk of having to charge it when the time comes....all tradeoffs.

Good point. Also happy bday to your little one. How's her shooting skills?

I think I am guilty of this as well.... "over thinking" with regard to my Springfield Armory XD(m) 9mm.

With my 1911 Long Slide, keeping one in the chamber, cocked and locked, seems perfectly reasonable... the weapon is just not going to fire until the safety is thumbed down.

The XD(m), OTOH, has the very common striker pin firing arrangement, and while I fully realize that the striker pin shouldn't be able to strike a chambered round without meeting the following two conditions concurrently: a) the trigger safety engaged properly, and b) the backstrap grip safety being properly engaged, still and all.... this arrangement bothers the hell out of me. I think it is the combination of the (raised) chambered round indicator, coupled with the visual proof that the striker pin is cocked and ready..... this combination just bugs me.

I realize this is irrational, and I know the weapon should be "safe" locked and loaded, but.... it still bugs me. To the point that I don't feel like carrying the XD(m). :banghead: Dumb, I know... and the Long Slide is obviously sub-optimal to carry concealed; it's a big-ass, heavy chunk of steel.

The correct answer here is for me to simply just get over the XD(m) safety concerns. Wish it were as easy as saying it.... :(

War, if it comforts you, I carry an XD 45 with one in the chamber. As does most LEO`s. Chamber, sleep well my friend.

Good point. Also happy bday to your little one. How's her shooting skills?

She's acutually shot my .22 conversion kit (pistol - while my hands were on it) and rifle :)

She's still a little young. On the positive side, my wife is getting more comfortable and accurate with her CCW weapon.

Oh ya gun safe.... I should get one. I currently place mine on the bed stand. And I'm told that's improper. Now we don't have children and rarely have guests an if we do have them the pistol goes in a safe place.

It's kindof weird because when I was growing up we had a 3030 at the front door and one at the back door. Of course that was in BFE Wyoming. I had a bb gun at 4 and my first .22 at 8. I suppose living in town changes things.

Oh ya gun safe.... I should get one. I currently place mine on the bed stand. And I'm told that's improper.

It appears thatTiger Racing can set you up proper... :thumbsup:

ths1_300.jpg

ths2._300.jpg

ths3_300.jpg

I was talking to my father in-law and he suggested if I'm going to carry I should pick up a limited liability umbrella policy. He says they are very inexpensive and a basic one can cover upto 1 million in civil lawsuit costs.

Does anyone here carry this policy?

Back