new hayabusa

250lemans

Registered
i wanted to introduce myself been riding for 15 years, road raced(locally) for 2 years
i picked up a 2006 hayabusa with some damage( it was less that it looked on pics) i passed on a 02 with way too much chrome and not my style add ons on it.
I just took my first ride after aligning the front good power, quite smooth too, bike will be use for sport touring( plan is nm, ut, nv, northern ca then back inside and south to nm) still researching on bags
i also just installed a used subframe and wait savings wasn't a major corcern in the design i'm guessing that thing it's # 20+ pounds, just for fun i held my rc51(sp2) subframe in one hand the hayabusa in the other the difference was just incredible
if everything works out i might take it to bonneville and try for the 130mph club too
happy riding

Welcome, and research Ventura when looking for bags. Now post some pics. :welcome:

Hey.good luck with her,i know what you mean with the chrome,the main reason i gave up my screaming eaglefatboy HD,my garage has no electricityso when the humidity kicked in you could see the moisture pouring off the bike and that was doing a real number on the bike especially on the chrome.The Hayabusa rides like a dream compaired to the HDand the power well kindof like getting off a mule and onto a Stallion,have fun.

130 club, you going to do that in 2nd or 3rd gear and with your luggage on?

thanks guys, i'll post pics when it's done, i'm going for white with red accents stock look and quite exhaust
Hey pan i have a family down under there are scattered around sidney and perth and i think my cousin it's in melbourne now, might be my next move in a couple of years, cheers

Back