new guy

Brock6

Registered
I currently own an '03 TL1000-R that I am planning to sell and then move on up to a Busa. Really looking foward to making the change. Had to opportunity to ride a friend of mine's and absolutely loved it. Any pointers on things to look out for when purchasing would be greatly appreciated. Looking to buy a new one but if I find a great deal on a used then I may go that route. That's about it for now.

Welcome... post sme pics of your Tiller when ou get the chance...

99-00 Have aluminum subframe, not advised for 2 up touring, also have cam chain tensioner recall, VIN number to the Suzi dealer will see if it's been done. 99-00 have external fuel pump, screens may get clogged. 02-up have new clutch design, easier to launch hard, but it's easy to retrofit. 04?-up have flash to pass switch, I think 02 up has 32 bit ecm. I'm sure I've missed something, but someone else will chime in and pick up the slack.
FYI, Busa's are notoriously easy to clock, so don't be fooled by a "low mileage special" from a less than reputable source.

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 09 2006,21:01) Welcome... post sme pics of your Tiller when ou get the chance...
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
+1

nice bike...just be careful if you are looking to buy a bike off e-bay or a similar site...there are a lot of crooks and scammers out there...good luck

nice lookin TL-welcome aboard n good luck findn your replacement!

(if you spot a nice one, but arent sure about it-snap a few pics n post'em up here with commentary, or if its online add a link n Im sure sum folks will give ya their .02c)

there are some great deals on used ones. but me myself and i, all three of us would buy a new one if possiblile. nice look bike you have now.

If you buy used check it over good. I hear a lot of guys with second gear issues.

hey what up? I actually sold my tlr to get my busa... i will say one thing.. your gonna miss that v-twin rumble..... but with the adrenaline rush the busa provides you'll get over that real fast

Back