New UK Guy

Sluman

Registered
Hi all, names Adrian, don't currently own a Busa but I am getting one very soon.

Currently own a 1997 Suzuki GSX600F & a GSXR 600 K7 and I have been looking to chop them both in to get one bike that I could have a bit of fun with on my own, but also something comfortable for the girlfriend to come on and after test riding a number of bikes, I (we) decided the Busa was the best choice, all that remains for me to do now is to sell both my bikes and pick up a Busa.

Thought I would join up and have a look around, I don't like my bikes to look standard paintwise so I hope I can get some ideas on here as to how I want mine to look :o)

My only question really is, is there any issues I should look out for when buying a 2nd hand Busa?

Thanks ahead.

Slu.

Welcome to the oRg, we have several members in the UK, glad you found us. Look for everything you would look for when buying any used bike. :welcome:

Slu..Hi another UK guy here..as for problems it depends on the age of bike really .The early Gen 1's have a couple of well documented problems.Camchain,subframe but those are very rare bikes in the UK and the ones i saw were all sorted.
The Gen 2's really are just very good with nothing really to watch for that I know to
I saw very nice early Gen 2's for upwards of £6k.They dont hang around in the dealers very long at that price but the Zed 14's shift even quicker
You will struggle to get a half decent early bike for less than £3.2
Lots of tarted up /crashed ones but the early ones hold their value well
That is my experience of the UK second hand Busa market over the last 12 months

hi also from uk
had a gen 1 (2001)did 28,000 miles only went through tyres and oil change
now on gen2 (2010) so gar 16,000 miles again only tyres and oil service , cant help tweaking , suspension set up, 4 into 1 and map, quickshifter and she now has a liking for trackdays

:laugh:

Hi all thanks for the welcomes and help!

I have seen a 2008 Gen 2 for £5500 with 20K on it which I am tempted by, although like you say Skid, they don't seem to hang around long!

Will you guys posted with my progress in buying one :happy:

The early Gen 2's seem to be dropping in price.That's a decent price £5500 but quite high miles
I would be tempted to shop around.I saw 2 immaculate 2008's with loads of nice extras(full Yoshi wavy discs etc..not pointless bling!).They were up for around 6k
Its a buyers market and the Gen 2's seem to suffer because of the ZZR .
Could get a bargain:thumbsup:

Back