New Gloves!

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay so I'm pretty stoked. I always ride with Icon gear. They just brought back their "Timax" glove in the spring lineup. I had this glove back in 2004. Not long after I bought my first Busa and loved it! Sadly they were discontinued. This glove is awesome! Titanium steel all over it. Guess who has a pair ordered and on the way? Oh yeah....this guy. Lol

FB_IMG_1494029615471.jpg

FB_IMG_1494029609920.jpg

They sure look great! I have a pair of alpinestar gp1(?) that I love and have lasted me more a few years now. I'll have to look into these if mine ever break. They are holding up extremely well.

They sure look great! I have a pair of alpinestar gp1(?) that I love and have lasted me more a few years now. I'll have to look into these if mine ever break. They are holding up extremely well.

You know in 15 years of riding I've never tried anything Alpine Stars before. I've always been curious to. Them and Shoei helmets. Icon just keeps me hooked because I love the style and one of their helmets saved my life.

Nice gloves I think it depends where you live Alpine stars and Dinese here in Australia are very popular I could be wrong but I have never seen a icon product here in the bike shops :thumbsup:

Nice gloves I think it depends where you live Alpine stars and Dinese here in Australia are very popular I could be wrong but I have never seen a icon product here in the bike shops :thumbsup:

Icon always has been particular in what dealers sell their products. In the US though pretty much all the big dealers, the ones around me at least have their stuff. But they usually order it in. Rarely is it in stock.

Nice. I gotta get some new summer mesh gloves. My trigger finger and thumb tips have worn thru. Mesh gloves or not, they have to be gauntlet style so they'll fit over my sleeves. BTW, you do have knee armor under those (cotton) jeans right? :)

Nice. I gotta get some new summer mesh gloves. My trigger finger and thumb tips have worn thru. Mesh gloves or not, they have to be gauntlet style so they'll fit over my sleeves. BTW, you do have knee armor under those (cotton) jeans right? :)

That pics from 2004. I did not then. I have some now. Lol

ICON products are all made in china @ sub par quality. Pay close attention to the stitching of all their products . You will see when compared to a higher end make just how poorly made the are . Their sales marketing is LOOKS based .

On the helmet saving your life nearly any brain bucket will that passes DOT .
Most icon helmets lack a snell approval.

1st hand I have seen icon branded new boots lose their sole / fall off on a ride . They did replace them after some fuss , but the replacement pair did the same thing by hand out of the box .

Never tried Icon. I had a Shoei helmet save my bacon on a 250' slide and it was happy to do it apparently, it was smiling when we got done.
IMG_20140724_150452_980.jpg

Also had on an Alpinestars leather jacket an I didn't get any rash.

Did break my femur but that was because of the 20' tumble down an embankment.

ICON products are all made in china @ sub par quality. Pay close attention to the stitching of all their products . You will see when compared to a higher end make just how poorly made the are . Their sales marketing is LOOKS based .

Man your experience is far different from mine honestly. The only time out of like 50 or plus products of theirs I have used did I have an issue. Back in 05 my 3 year old Mainframe helmet kinda had an issue. I was doing 170+ on the Busa and the air vents on top the helmet ripped off on the highway. Thats it. Ive had a ton of boots, jackets, gloves and 3 other helmets and none of them tore apart at all.

1st hand I have seen icon branded new boots lose their sole / fall off on a ride . They did replace them after some fuss , but the replacement pair did the same thing by hand out of the box .

Bad mouthing ICON products!!! That's it! The gloves are coming off!!:D See what I did there?:lol:Okay, I'm done!:rolleyes:

I personally am not a huge Icon fan (I wouldn't wear their helmet if you gave it to me), but you really should take a look at these gloves before passing judgement. I think they are a cut above typical Icon quality. They are good for crowd control too lol. I had a guy causing issues with one of my friends back in the day. I get off my bike and walk over to see what his deal is. He starts to get smart with me and I ball up my fist. Needless to say after taking one look at the "legal" brass knuckles he backs down lol.

I personally am not a huge Icon fan (I wouldn't wear their helmet if you gave it to me), but you really should take a look at these gloves before passing judgement. I think they are a cut above typical Icon quality. They are good for crowd control too lol. I had a guy causing issues with one of my friends back in the day. I get off my bike and walk over to see what his deal is. He starts to get smart with me and I ball up my fist. Needless to say after taking one look at the "legal" brass knuckles he backs down lol.

Lol I know thats not what they are meant for but when I put em on last night I balled up my fist and thought about that. I wouldnt want to be on the recieving end of them thats for sure.

Back