New Drive Chain

768 RYDA

Registered
I'm looking to buy new drive chain and sprockets.Would like 530 ek zzz,or equivalent.Steel rear 42,front stock 17.Where's the cheapest site,or site sponsors?Thx in advance.06 Busa

PM Goldenchild and Pashnit. It's summer and both are busy and might miss your thread.

I second the EK ZZZ 530, don't go cheap on your chain. You might need to get a chain break tool too, and depending on mileage, etc. you might need cush drive rubbers while you're in there.

:goodidea: Bingo, Rob. Share the love and do a search for Golden Child or any other site vendor.

Might as well get a brand new front sprocket too.

Oh heck yes, when you wear them out it's best to change them as a set chain and sprockets.

K.got a vortex steel rear.heavy duty cush drives.would a 530 zvmx ek be alright? Zzz's are over $200!

I know paying the price for a good chain sucks but consider the downsides. At best the chain is going to wear quicker and cause wear to your sprockets which you have to pay for ....again. At so-so you sling a chain and end up taking your clutch release rod and seal which means the cases have to be split. (there is a recent post here about that) At worse you blow your cases apart when it lets loose. There are some things I cheap out on but a chain is not one of them. I buy Triple ZZZ's for the street and 530-DR2 for racing.
Check out the difference in tensile strength between the chains. EK MOTORCYCLE CHAINS | Enuma Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd.

I just went through the process of deciding on a new chain and went with a DID 530 ZVM-X with black finish. I think it was $182 delivered, I didn't think that was a bad deal.

Back