New Busa Owner

LeighT

Registered
HI guys, picked up my new to me 2009 Gen2 Hayabusa on Wednesday. It's got 11k on the clock and very clean. Previous owner decided to remove all the decals so I have just ordered all new oem decals to put it back as it would have left the factory. Not had much chance to ride yet as I've been working non stop and weather has been awful but loving it so far.

image.png

Welcome aboard. Nice ride. I made the mistake to remove my decals to see if I would like, that was an expensive idea. Decals are not cheap.

Thanks guys. Definitely not cheap for new decals. Cost me £312 gbp, approx $500. They even tried to peel the decals off of the tank but it took both sides to realise they were lacquered over. I'll have to live with that for now

yep two stickers for my extended tail were like $80 and there small so yea the rest can't be cheap

Not sure if you have work with those decals before but, they stretch super easy and won't go back to their shape. I made that mistake and almost ruined one of the big ones on the side($70+ usd). Soapy water is your best friend and take your time.

Not sure if you have work with those decals before but, they stretch super easy and won't go back to their shape. I made that mistake and almost ruined one of the big ones on the side($70+ usd). Soapy water is your best friend and take your time.
Thanks for the advice. Nope never worked with these decals. I assumed I'd be putting the decals on dry? Are you suggesting, wet the area, apply decal and then let it dry in position?

Decals are like window tint. If you use a little soapy water it allows you to move it around a bit, then you squeegee the water out when you have it where you want it.

Thanks for the advice.

Nope never worked with these decals.

I assumed I'd be putting the decals on dry?

Are you suggesting,
wet the area,
apply decal and then let it dry in position?

My friend GrapeApe Newman makes his own decals ~ hit him up over on the WestCoast & see what he can do for you . . .

grapeape%20busa%20close%20up_zpsukwsmx2s.jpg

Decals are like window tint. If you use a little soapy water it allows you to move it around a bit, then you squeegee the water out when you have it where you want it.
Thanks for tha
My friend GrapeApe Newman makes his own decals ~ hit him up over on the WestCoast & see what he can do for you . . .

grapeape%20busa%20close%20up_zpsukwsmx2s.jpg
ive already ordered the oem decals but thanks anyway. Oh, I'm also in the UK

Back