New Busa owner needs help

short sandrail

Registered
I just recently purchased a 2004 Short Sandrail with
a 1300 turbo Hayabusa engine in this mini sandrail. I have owned a lot bikes over the years but never a Haybusa nor a turbo -in a mini sandrail. Any suggestions on do's,don'ts, or maintenance advise?
The only possible current problem is on the factory bike dash mounted in the sandrail. I have a red glowing FI light on after the engine runs a small amount of time even at idle. Any suggestions what the FI light is meaning??
Thanks for any information or advise you can give me!

Larry Myers
Fort Wayne,IN

Email Lmyersmaui@yahoo.com

Do you have the original cluster in it and ECU. We need a code to see what is throwing the light. Welcome to the oRg.

Do you have the original cluster in it and ECU. We need a code to see what is throwing the light. Welcome to the oRg.

Yup.

What happens to the the pig tail when people do these swaps? I know where it is on the bike, but not sure where in the harness it is for a motor swap or of it gets carried over, which it should for just this reason

Do we know if its a Gen 2 or a Gen 1 motor? Pics of gauges would help..

I'm guessing the exhaust valve..

I'm also with everyone else,

:worthless:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16RHJI%21E9qSO8nCkBQffESI3d%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$%28KGrHqVHJDMFBl,wYNM-BQfe+9YnUQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG

I just purchaser the sandrail off ebay Above is a link to two pictures of the sandrail that was in the listing

Yes I Do you have the original OEM gauge cluster in it and ECU. We need a code to see what is throwing the light.
I am currently in Marco Island Florida on a Thanksgiving to Christmas vacation. The sandrail is in my garage at home in Fort Wayne,Indiana so I can't answer all your questions till I return home.
Two addational question for now
Where do I get a scanner to read the codes and what do they cost?
The rail was used in the western states dunes where they didn't need
a muffler or supertrap spark arestor . I will be running the rail next summer season in Michigan at Silver Lake sanddunes.
They do require a minimum of a spark arestor such as a Supertrap which I have used on ORV's there but never on a Turbo applacation What do you suggest as a spark arestor that will work with a turbo and not damage my motor or the turbo?
Thanks for you welcome to your site!
Larry

Back