new Busa mod list

2quick

Registered
hey guys just bought a new 08 Busa as soon as i got it home i took that ugly azz rear fender off and dumped the exhaust a couple of weeks later i took it to Beechbend Raceway Park in Bowling Green Ky on tuesday night fun runs and it went a couple of 10.30s a 10.20 and a 9.986 @142.96 it only has 900 miles on it what mods do i need to do first P.C.?? K&N ??extended swingarm?? air shifter?? LMK thanks for any input

Beechbend is a great Track! I normally have to air up my Shinko there verses when I normally run localaly in Clarksville. If you are going to race quite a bit there, I would look at a gear change (usure what you 2008 guys run) and a strap for sure.

last tue. it went 9.82@144.50 with no changes but a little less pressure in the rear tire this sat. we stretched it 7" and added a Shinko 200 ultra soft compound tire, going back this tue. to see how much it helps here is a pic
4lreif.jpg

Last edited:
worked out pretty good it went 9.514@146.69 tue night at beech bend in B.G. KY now i need to know aht gear changes need to be made and put a front end strap on it,see if we can get some 9.30s

Beechbend is a great Track! I normally have to air up my Shinko there verses when I normally run localaly in Clarksville. If you are going to race quite a bit there, I would look at a gear change (usure what you 2008 guys run) and a strap for sure.

Clarksville? I'm just down the road from you (Pleasant View)

ordered 2 teeth up sprocket in rear, a K&N and a Brocks frontend strap should be here this week

before the extensions and shinko ultra soft compound tire the best was a 1.702 and after the best was a 1.567 and i'm hoping for a high 1.3 or low 1.4 after the rear sprocket change and Brock front end strap next week

before the extensions and shinko ultra soft compound tire the best was a 1.702 and after the best was a 1.567 and i'm hoping for a high 1.3 or low 1.4 after the rear sprocket change and Brock front end strap next week

i swear the strap was the best mod ive ever done lol, i could not keep the front end down at all before it. Now with the strap i just hover the front tire off the gound about 3 inches , it really made a diffrence. Are you having trouble keeping it from wheeling???

new best tonight no other mods (my sprocket,K&N and Brocks strap havent made it to me yet) it went 9.44@146.75 with a 1.550 60 ft. also had a new best mph on a 9.52 pass with a 147.23 mph and yes justa-busa-girl it takes some work to keep the front end down even with the 7" swingarm extensions hopefully the strap will help with that

Back