new are rebuilt fuel injector

db1405

Registered
Hey guys i read couple articles some people have sent off there injectors to MPS and got them cleaned for like 25 bucks each. My question is do the injectors come back as new or new injectors would still be better than cleaned. Im speaking i guess about spray flow. If someone who has sent theres off to MPS did you have to syncronize the carbs once you got them cleaned out. Thanks for any help with this i left SUZUKI place with a price tag of 160 bucks each>>>

Hey guys i read couple articles some people have sent off there injectors to MPS and got them cleaned for like 25 bucks each. My question is do the injectors come back as new or new injectors would still be better than cleaned. Im speaking i guess about spray flow. If someone who has sent theres off to MPS did you have to syncronize the carbs once you got them cleaned out. Thanks for any help with this i left SUZUKI place with a price tag of 160 bucks each>>>

U can buy new injectors and they still will not be balanced. Send your's to be cleaned and balanced

"gas" injectors really do not get "rebuilt" IME (they do not come apart)..

they do get cleaned ultrasonically and/or chemically..

they are then put on a flow bench and matched with injectors that flow withing a certain % of each other.. the closer the tolerance, the more the $$ typically..
1% is easily more than sufficient for any street bike.. moving a bit further, some are "pattern checked". You can have an injector that flows just fine but the spray pattern is hosed.. (lousy atomization)

The idea is that it makes mapping a motor easier by not having to tune individual cylinders with plus or minus pulse width.. you can positively make the same power with out matched injectors but it is a lot more work.. (motors that make the same amount of power out of each cylinder run better)

This is not always the case on an automotive motor.. there are particular engines that like slightly richer/leaner mixtures to make the motor really hum..

Last edited:
thanks Mr Biscuit for the advise i tore apart my fuel pump today to replace filters. Figure do everything right before i put them back on. :thumbsup:

Back