New 1200 Ducati

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
According to WebBikeWorld:

"New photos show a 'classic' looking 1200cc Ducati; said to be nearly ready for production to replace the 999 for 2007. Recent interview has Claudio Domenicali admitting that the 999 was 'divisive' and that the styling 'should have been more like the 916,' which will now act as the inspiration for future designs; he also claims Ducati wants to improve quality and bring down the cost of maintenance and repair."

lurk.gif

Not bad ... but I wonder what the real thing looks like? Ducati will surely go with an under-seat exhaust, 'cause that's the trademark of the 916-996-998-999 lineup.

photo shopped bike. and not a very good job at that, but for it being what it is....is still sexy
firedevil.gif

This an "interim" machine. Informed speculation is that the 800cc V4 Desmosedici/GP7 derivative will appear in 2009. I suspect right alongside the Japanese equivalents.

"OH" My, surely they're not going to make it look like a Yamaha make over  
wow.gif

I'm sure it won't. My point was in reference to the power plant/chassis. It would probably be thought of as blasphemy to copy a ...dare I say it.....Japanese machine. Riots in Rome  
pissed.gif

Back