New 07, or 08?

Ring 08

Registered
I've been reading these forums for quite some time as a guest and finally decided to go ahead and join, i'm not a current busa owner but i'm saving my money for one, i'm 17 and will be paying for my busa myself. no parent money whatsoever, but i have a question, should i wait for the 08 busa to come out, or just go ahead and get a new 07?  any oppinions on this would be awesome
bowdown.gif

my parents of course don't want me to get either, but since it's not their money they don't have much say in the matter  
brave.gif

Well, first, do you ride a bike now?  Have you ever?  Consider taking the MSF course no matter what you eventually do because it will give you some skills and good habits for safer riding...being just 17, there are so many other variables to consider before purchasing any bike, like insurance costs - that could deter you from even being able to afford one...I've heard of outrageous insurance quotes on Busa for younger riders exceeding $15,000 a year - YEP, more than the bike costs for one year of coverage...do yourself a favor and make sure you can afford the insurance first and foremost  
smile.gif

Many are waiting for news of what the new '08 will bring and until we know if there are major changes to the Busa platform, it's tough to convince anyone looking if they should wait or just buy one now...that will all depend on how badly you want a bike NOW vs how long are you willing to wait for possible changes...

Glad you want to buy a Busa but my question is have you riden motorcycles before and is the Busa going to be your first street bike?  If you are going to make the Busa your first street bike I highly recommend that you buy another bike like a 600 or a 750 so you can get the feel of street bikes as well as get some riding experience under your belt my friend the Busa is nothing to be toyed with it is a very powerful machine and I would not recommend it as a first bike to anyone. most of the folks here have been riding for years before the stepped to the Busa and most will tell you the same thing I am telling you get some experience under your belt then step up to a bigger more powerful bike like the Busa. Also as VABusa mentioned check out the insurance it will be very high for a guy your age.

I've been riding dirtbikes since i was 8 and i currently own a honda 230F <which i'm gonna sell to help buy busa/insurance> and a 650 honda shadow. i ride at least 200 miles a week, when i can. would be more but i play varsity football n such and that takes up alot of time. i went to derby moto school in KY for safety instruction. i talked to some guys at local dealer and they suggested the honda CBR1000 but when i walked over to see it i saw a busa and i instantly was in love, i've been reading all over the internet and finally found this site. yall are awesome, been spending alot of my free time reading yalls posts.
lurk.gif

Well, it sounds like you've got some good experience with riding, so I'm sure you don't want to be hounded about your age or that the Busa might be a bad first big sport bike...we do only want you to be safe, so don't take anything said as anything other than concern for your well-being as a fellow rider
smile.gif

I would make a few calls on the insurance coverage first though...seriously, it might be the one thing that keeps you from buying the Busa right now...

And if you rummage around in the General Bike Related Topics forum, you'll see the '08 speculation threads are all over the place...

A link to recent rumors for your reading pleasure
cool.gif

Best wishes bud, and get an '06 black and grey - THE FASTEST COLOR.
Be safe.

P4200221.jpg

I grew up in a town where I was able to make good money at a young age (commercial fishing), and I did almost the same thing that you are considering, I started riding very young (kawasaki 50 / age 6) and i rode a lot, when I turned 16 and got my license, I bought a yamaha streetbike (650). Then about a year later I bought the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10. It was a good decision because it taught me respect. I think a Busa would be a good choice for you. You will never be bored of it that's for sure. You will be getting out of bed at night just to go and look at it, I do. The Busa is different than anything else out there, it is not just about styling or horsepower, but about a level of overall competance that no other bike can match. Good luck, and ride safe!
beerchug.gif

Back