Nelson-Rigg saddlebags and tail bag thanks PaulMc. Questions?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
So I got the bags yesterday. Thank you PaulMc. They seem to be very well made and will definitely hold more than my scooter box so goooooood deal. :thumbsup:

Now onto some questions. I think I've got them mounted right?
d891cb32.jpg

I ran loop for forward straps over the secure point where seat bolt goes thru. Once seat is replaced it captures loop preventing it from coming off.

Thoughts?
9f3fa6a5.jpg

36f82920.jpg

Seat replaced, it keeps decent tension on the strap...
0aa1089b.jpg

I'm curious though, nothing else really seems to secure them to the bike? These two little straps hold all this on? Two little straps sewed into back of bag like pic below? For those who own these how long has this lasted? Is this how you strapped them onto your bike?
ef41588c.jpg

Who has these bags and how well do they stay on bike like this? What did you do with two big Velcro straps that connect the two bags, over the passenger seat or under it or what? Just seems like I'm not doing it right?

I ran the big straps under the hump or seat, and I just ran my small straps to the pegs, I kept it pretty simple and quick, several 7 - 10 hour trips like that, with passenger. Everything adjust as I'm sure you could see. Love mine. I few seconds to dismount and into the room like small luggage.

I can't seem to figure out how to run the large Velcro straps under the seat? If I do I can't get seat back on?
Without those being under the seat all I'm relying on to hold it all on is the two little straps?
Also rear straps if I wrap them around and under tail they partially obstruct blinkers?

I can't seem to figure out how to run the large Velcro straps under the seat? If I do I can't get seat back on?
Without those being under the seat all I'm relying on to hold it all on is the two little straps?
Also rear straps if I wrap them around and under tail they partially obstruct blinkers?

It might have been under the hump and on top of the seat, but then again the wife had it covered :laugh:

Blanca Busa said:

It can be done. I have had them on top of the seat and under the seat. I put the 2 hooks on bottom of the seat against front of strap and push back on the strap to hook them into the metal loops on the bike. The back strap will also have to be moved out from over the latch.

The positioning is a little more tricky when you have to leave room for feet on the passenger pegs.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I have mine attached like kromdom does. I just let mine lay over the seat as well and have never had an issue with it. To me it seems having the straps pulling down is better when the wind is trying to pick the bags up. Best of luck

Back