need wire harness help guys

psycobusa

Registered
i found a part connected to the wiring harness and i need help identifying it. bike was purchased at an auction yard so i have no way of contacting the owner. its an 06 limited. im guessing its an aftermarket piece but i could be wrong. figured i would post up some pics and maybe someone could help me figure out what it is.....

first pic...you should be able to make out the part number

2007_0706wire0002__Medium_.JPG

2nd pic....the small black box ziptied to the harness is part of it also....its wires connect to the wires going to the green plug

2007_0706wire0003__Medium_.JPG

3rd pic.....this is where it was mounted, right behind the cluster, the green plug in the 2nd pic connects to this green plug which i think goes to one of the handle bar controls

2007_0706wire0004__Medium_.JPG

AH

You might want to keep that!!

LoJack for Motorcycles

LOJACK FOR MOTORCYCLES
THE LEADER IN STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERY IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR MOTORCYCLES
More than 55,000 bikes were stolen in 2003. That's one bike every 9.5 minutes*. Truth is, if the bad guys really want your bike, they're going to get it. And once it's gone, it's gone. Now with LoJack For Motorcycles, if someone steals your bike, we can help you get it back -fast.

INTRODUCING LOJACK FOR MOTORCYCLES
LoJack for motorcycles uses a small, silent transmitter that's hidden within your motorcycle. Once police enter a stolen vehicle report, LoJack is automatically activated and enables the police to track and recover your motorcycle.

THE LOJACK ADVANTAGE
It's the only stolen vehicle recovery system that works directly with the police using tracking computers in police cars, planes, and helicopters Two year warranty offering your money back if it isn't recovered in 24 hours. You may qualify for an Insurance discount** See how LoJack For Motorcycles works

*National Insurance Crime Bureau data for the US and Canada.

**Check with your insurance agent for details. For example, in Massachusetts, LoJack owners can receive a discounts of up to 20% off their comprehensive fire, theft, and vandalism premiums.

*Price includes installation.

Quantity Item / Item Code Price

12345678910 LO/JACK ML3
LoJack for Motorcycles - 4301-0014-00 $595.00

Comment:

Anytime! Even 1:30 in the morning! LOL By the way, just google the part number.

i called the 800 number and it said for a small fee, i could schedule an inspection date so they could make sure the device was actually there and to have it put in my name....sure beats paying 600 bucks for it
beerchug.gif

came to find out today that the device is non transferable between vehicles. it has to stay on the vehicle on which it was originally installed. they want you to have to pay 600 bucks to have a new one installed instead of just switching this one over to the other bike.....what kind of dumbazz crap is that....since the device is plugged into the harness and im installing that harness on my bike, im just going to leave the device on there and if my bike ever happens to be stolen, ill just tell the police it has lojack and tell them to locate it using the vin# of the original bike it was installed on. sound like a good idea or no???

Just lie your @ss off anywhich way you need to and get that thing working on your behalf...afterall you paid for it.

Remove it and toss it in to the trash!!!
By the time you notice it missing, call cops, get report, fax to lo-jerk, have them activate it...........................................
It's alreadt in pcs on ebay and they have smashed the lo-jerk unit!!!
JMHO

Back