Need valve cover removal help please!!

PUNKY BUSA

Registered
I have my valve cover loose and ready to remove but i can't seem to lift it out from between the frame sides.PLEASE tell me what i'm doing wrong here guys,i can almost get it to come out by lifting it up on the left side but it won't quite come over enough to slide that end up and out???i'm stunned and don't know what else to do. thanks for any info/help on this.

I just got through pulling the valve cover as well as the head off mine, if I recall, there was nothing weird about getting the valve cover off, I did have to remove the fairing grommet mounts to get the head off.
CIMG4636_t.jpg

Ha! Dehing, how did you removed the head without taking the engine out??? I swear I tried for like 3 hours and gave up....did you removed some of the engine mount bolts to get enough clearance??

i didn't really see the gromet mounts as being an issue but i'm headed outside to try again and i think i may try to see if that might be the hold up.

Ha! Dehing, how did you removed the head without taking the engine out??? I swear I tried for like 3 hours and gave up....did you removed some of the engine mount bolts to get enough clearance??

Nope, just pulled the exhaust off, then the valve cover, then the aluminum bits with the grommets. I loosened all the head bolts and was able to completely remove all but one of them (I'm a little suspicious of the differences in tightness between the bolts I removed BTW!). There are a few smaller ones on the timing chain side and another on the front if I recall. Anyway, it came right out with a little maneuvering but nothing had to be forced.

On a side note, I'm glad that I could finally completely remove the PAIR mechanism in this process! (I had previously just removed & blocked off the plumbing)

Back