Need Some Help

greasy_2008

Registered
I was putting the k&n filter in my 08 busa and a new head light. I had to modify the headlight connection to fit my new bulb.

Anyway long story short I thought I had another easy install finished on my bike. I put everything back together and then tried to start her up.  I turned the key to the on position, and everything was normal new light came on instrument panel went through its cycle and then I go to turn on the cuttoff switch expecting to hear the wine of the pump. But when I flicked the switch..... nothing  
wtf.gif
 So I started getting worried. Turn the cuttoff switch to the off position and turned key to the off position and then tried again.  Nothing again.  I pulled in the clutch and hit the ignition switch and it wont even turn over.

So needless to say I am worried and I dont know what I could have done to the pump or any wiring.  There is no FI on the instrument panel, and no code that comes up, the damn pump just wont cycle and I hit the ignition switch and it wont even crank cant start the bike. Manual says to check the fuze box, but there is no fuze that protects just the fuel pump, so I am really confuzed.

I've got a suggestion that I hit another button somewhere near the cuttoff switch I dont know what that was about. And I hear something about a rollover sensor or something that could have been tripped. I dont know about that either.

Anyway heres a picture of my bike

stephenbusa.jpg

All you did was lift the tank to access the filter, right?

How about the headlight? Did you remove the front cowl, or pull the instrument cluster, or reach up from underneath the front cowl? What necessitated you modifying the connector for the headlamp? Possibly you loosened a connection, or caused an open/short up front.

I would just back-track, and retrace my steps if I were you. It's bound to be something simple.

Yes all I did was lift the tank and I accessed the headlight through the insturment cluster, removing it. And the bike is in nuetral with the kick stand down. I had to modify the connector to fit the new lights connectors... they were shorter and spaced closer together.

Today I will be backtracking the best I can and I will be using a multimeter to check the power going to the pump incase I might have knocked something loose when bring the tank up. I will also be checking for loose connectors near my instrument panel Thanks Ill let you guys know how everything goes.

If the starter won't even turn over then you probably blew a main fuse. I would start there then move to the cutoff switch. You may have accidentally shorted some wires when making the mods to the headlight harness.

Sounds like you have it in gear with the kickstand down. Those are the exact symptoms. Even if the neutral light is on, stand the bike up and lift the kickstand and try it again?

Sounds like you have it in gear with the kickstand down. Those are the exact symptoms. Even if the neutral light is on, stand the bike up and lift the kickstand and try it again?
thumb_up.gif

Yeah... I would sit on it, put the kickstand up, put it in gear then back into neutral, then try it...

Ok ok so I started trouble shooting my problem with the bike.

Needless to say Im an idiot. Anyway I did like you guys said stood the bike up and make sure it was in nuetral and needless to say it started right up.

Guess I just got scared when it wouldnt start. Anyway Thanks for all the help you guys are awesome. I will post some pics of it later.

Back