Need some help!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I'm working on the wifes bike 02 GSXR-600. It has a bad hesitation in the throttle up untill about 5k. When you first start the if you try and rev it it will just die. You have to build the throttle up in baby steps, barely give it gas and gradualy keep getting higher up in the rpms. and it makes no difference wether or not the bike is warmed up. I have pulled the tb's off and they are clean as a whistle, as are the injectors. the tb's do not need to be sycnd either. Now that said the valves are caked in build up so it needs some sea foam attn. I pulled the plugs and they were wet with gas so they need to be changed. it has 17500 on the clock sot i'm thinking the valves may need to be adjusted. also i gave the bike a fresh tune-up last year when we got the bike and we might have put 2k on the bike. Any help would be appreciated. :bowdown:

How long has it set with the current gas in the tank? Could be as simple as some bad gas. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will come along shortly.

I would say it is running a little on the rich side. Plugs will more than likely solve the issue for a while, but you need to get it leaned out just a touch, and fresh gas helps too.

I would guess the spark plugs as well just talked to the shop about my busa's hesitation he said most likely the plugs also he said the other factor would be timing hope you find out what it is ...good luck:beerchug:

I'm gonna change the plugs tomorrow, but as for the gas it can have fresh gas and it will still do it. it has done it since we got the bike. Also i does have a yosh pipe on it but i cant tell if the header is stock or aftermarket

Did you just pick up this bike and it came like that or has she been riding it around and it gave u a problem all of the sudden?

Try unhooking the STVA and ECM and then hook them back up. For some reason this seems to resolve alot of the same issues you are having. I believe the Gixxers are bad about having to replace the STVA, but sometimes just unhooking them and reconnecting them resets something.

my buddies r1 did the same thing. The old fuel had crystalized inside the tank, and everywhere else. After he rode it (he bought it used) for a few weeks, it started something similar. he had to have the whole system cleaned due to the bad gas. Not saying that is your issue, but even with fresh high octane fuel in his, it acted very similar to what you are saying. I, however, am definetly not a mechanic or anywhere even close to it. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Did you just pick up this bike and it came like that or has she been riding it around and it gave u a problem all of the sudden?

we picked it up last year and i gave it a tune up as soon as i got it home and i didnt notice it till the end of the season and im trying to fix it before she starts riding it this season

Try unhooking the STVA and ECM and then hook them back up. For some reason this seems to resolve alot of the same issues you are having. I believe the Gixxers are bad about having to replace the STVA, but sometimes just unhooking them and reconnecting them resets something.

WTF is the STVA i have never heard of that. also the battery is out of it right now as i have it partially tore down for a paint job and trying to fix this hesitation problem

Back