Need some TB Synch experienced peeps..

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so my friend with a GSXR1k stopped at the local stealership to pick up oil and stuff. While there he asked about synching his TB's, since I had mentioned I need to find me a 4pot gauge to do mine myself. The stealership told him they do not synch the TB's since they are electric. He went on to say they dont synch, nor is a service procedure, to synch Gixxer TB's. WTF? Is there a difference b/w the GSXR's and the Busa's? I am still looking for a good 4 pot gauge too.

Charlie

the secondaries are electric the primaries are manual.
and I would use the uni-sync instead. trying to find vacuum ports to use can be a bear

JC, can you point me in the right direction for uni-synch and any update to the procedure that others have used and posted in here?

Heres a , and a . I used a Uni Sync to balance the SU's on my MG, then some Webers later on. Bought mine through an import auto parts shop. Never though about using it on the busa.

-Ed

rddwarf, thanks for the link...I didnt think of checking back into that thread. Since there is no picture, how do you use the uni-synch? Any good write-ups on it, or could you or Johnny do one? Thanks.

Thats cool JC, I can wait, especially for good info rahter than the "well my way was...." which I never know if thats how its supposed to be.

Also, are the Gixxer1k's the same way, electronic secondary and mechanical primary which would still require TB Synch?

Not even sure how to tell if they need synching? However, most of this stemmed from my Busa having almost 15,000miles and wanting to get as much "service" stuff done that I can do myself. And my friends G1k, was totalled once, and wrecked again after that, or vice versa. He has some starting issues and idle doesnt seem to be as smooth as it should be, I mentioned the synching. He asked the dealer and the sales/tech manager said they dont synch the TB's cuz they are electric, not on Gixxers or the Busa. I called BS and here I am.

Back