Need some help with the trunk mod...

superchargedv8

Registered
The gen2 i got has the trunk mod done but its got gaps in it everywhere. I want to re-do it and ive been looking around but cant seem to find part numbers for the containers used. So i ask....What is the best container i can use for the Gen2 trunk mod?

i guess your best bet is to measure up the area of the trunk, go shopping for the same size.. :)

If you looked in the Gen II forum, all info is easily obtained using the search feature.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/131810-gen-2-trunk-mod.html

There isn't a specific part # but exact dimensions(of containers) that people who have done this had great success using.
i did look there and the containers used had different corner shapes. I know the dimensions already was just surprised that out of all the people that have done the mod no one ever listed a part number for a container.

Several different containers have been used. I used a 13 gallon kitchen trash can for mine just find one at Walmart that has the shape you want.

I got mine from Target. It was a 9 x 11.5 black file folder bin with a black lid with grey clip handles. I searched my walmart, lowes and homedepot but could not find one that matched the containers previously stated in the Mod Thread, so I just made due with what I could find. Good luck!

Hefty or Rubbermaid, 7 or 13 gallon, which ever you can find. They have the same base size, the only difference is that the 13 gallon is taller.
The 9x11.5 file boxes work also.

Back