Need some help with the grab bar/rear seat installation...

rashad

Registered
I bought my bike used, and as some of you know, abused and not always worked on by a competent person. I have fixed most things but the grab bar is still a mystery to me..

If anyone could post a few detailed pics of the four bolts and each "cushion and washer" that is needed during each scenario (grab bar on and off) that would be awesome.

I am trying to order the correct parts from ron ayers, but it is extremely confusing. It shows only two bolts going through the grab bar when i have seen four on here in pics. I cracked my old plastics by installing the grab bar incorrectly and not paying attention (they were ugly anyway).

I am most likely going to dremel the hump I just bought on ebay so I can bolt the grab rail on at the same time and leave it.
I am almost done with all my mods on Raylene, so any help is appreciated!

gimme a few minutes....

I got good news and bad news... The good news Im about to upload the pics for ya, the bad news is, im missing a piece :banghead:

Last edited:
So much for "fast" frog ! :rofl:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

each fairing hole gets a rubber grommet. Im missing one, appearantly. Each side of the bar gets 2 bolts, one rubber grommet and one metal sleeve. I bought my bike new, and Im 93 1/2% sure if still got all the grab rail parts.

SANY1525.jpg

SANY1528.jpg

SANY1530.jpg

SANY1531.jpg

Fastfrog it looks like you're missing the rear washers too (Part# 47190-24F20). They stay on the bike whether the grab bar is on or off.

Do you leave the bushings and bolts in without the grab bar? The dealer took off the grab bar on mine and I've never put one on.There are no bolts in my tail section without the bar mounted. Should there be?

Fastfrog it looks like you're missing the rear washers too (Part# 47190-24F20). They stay on the bike whether the grab bar is on or off.

:banghead: so I am

Well, I got some pics up for ya Rashed, no everyone else can tell us both what we need:thumbsup:

Do you leave the bushings and bolts in without the grab bar? The dealer took off the grab bar on mine and I've never put one on.There are no bolts in my tail section without the bar mounted. Should there be?

The first pic is how my bike has been all season, with no issue. I have the bolts taped to the grab rail on the shelf so I dont lose em, like the washer that walked away:whistle:

Fast, thank you so much for going through all that trouble! I really appreciate it!:bowdown:

I am still a bit confused though... So the rear two bolts (rear of the bike) are just in there with the rubber around them? Nothing else? And then the front two, they are kept above the bar by those big metal sleeves? Otherwise they would go right through the hole.. The ronayers microfiche is super confusing... do you move things around when installing the grab bar or are the bushings all the same whether its on or not?

I feel slightly retarded here but I cant seem to grasp the simple things sometimes...

The first pic is how my bike has been all season, with no issue. I have the bolts taped to the grab rail on the shelf so I dont lose em, like the washer that walked away:whistle:

So if this is the case, then I should go back downstairs and remove them now that its off!

I was under the impression that these four bolts were the "body bolts" and were important?!

I don't think it will matter if they are there. Just extra strength. I just wanted to make sure if the were supposed to be there is all, cause mine ain't! :D

Ok looking again I think I have it figured out.. Im going to order the parts from ronayers... that "cushion" on their crappy microfiche is actually the rubber washers in your pic...that stay on the plastic..oops.. mine is so messed up...

The bolts do nothing to strengthen the tail of the bike. Unless you're sporting the grab bar you really don't need to have all four bolts installed, two (one each side) is enough to keep the tail cowl in place. I keep all four in just so I don't lose them.

Here are some pics, ignore the road grime. :laugh:

Cowl on without grab bar and all bolts, washers and cushions/grommet installed.
IMAG0034.jpg

All bolts, washers and cushions/grommet installed. No cowl and no grab bar.
Note forward bolt is sticking out, this is because the washer is taller.
IMAG0027.jpg

Just the washers and cushions/grommet installed. Cowl off, no grab bar and no bolts.
IMAG0028.jpg

Again note that the forward washer is taller.
IMAG0029.jpg

Just the cushions/grommet. No cowl, no grab bar, no bolts and no washers.
IMAG0030.jpg

Grab bar with it's own cushion/grommet.
IMAG0032.jpg

Grab bar installed with all bolts, washers and cushions/grommet installed.
IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Last edited:
Back