Need members help

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
Okay I just did a lot of maintenance on my bike, oil, coolant, coating to the the headers to name a few. Its all back together but now the coolant will not circulate I have been working on this for a few days I'm almost sure there is no air in the line now, but it still over heating and coolant is not circulating for some odd reason.

Looking for suggestions on what could be causing this.

Other link location on the board.

ive had this problem b4...i just squeezed the coolant hoses on both sides of the bike a bunch of times with the radiator cap off then filled it with fluid all the way up to the overfill hole. then waited a few seconds for the coolant to settle down, squeezed the hose again, filled to the hole again. it takes a while to fill it up with coolant b/c it takes a few seconds for it to settle down for you to be able to put more in. after i filled it as much as it would hold with out going into the overfill hole, i put the cap back on and started the bike. that solved the problem for me.

ive had this problem b4...i just squeezed the coolant hoses on both sides of the bike a bunch of times with the radiator cap off then filled it with fluid all the way up to the overfill hole. then waited a few seconds for the coolant to settle down, squeezed the hose again, filled to the hole again. it takes a while to fill it up with coolant b/c it takes a few seconds for it to settle down for you to be able to put more in. after i filled it as much as it would hold with out going into the overfill hole, i put the cap back on and started the bike. that solved the problem for me.
thanks but have tried that one, keep the ideas coming, please.

is the water pump on the busa electrical or mechanical?

so if you take the "hot side" hose off the radiatior....there is no output of fluid?

rock.gif

Well the busa is working now, not sure what corrected it but it happened. Contacted a dealer and they said by starting it and letting it get hot enough so that the fan kicked on then turn it off let it cool down and repeat 3 times 90% of the time corrects the problems.

Back