Hayabusa Engine Whine

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, i need help. I have a 2005 Hayabusa, just had some transmission work done by Robinson Industies, just got my engine put back together, all hooked up. I followed the Clymer repair manual on all of the hard stuff. after a days worth of labor, filled with oil, put in coolant, turned on, hit the start button.....

There is a very loud whine noise, kind of a squealing noise. I only ran it for a few minues, thinking the oil needed to be circulated around, no luck.

Does anybody have any suggestions? im going to start tearing it back apart tomorrow, but any help would be great.

You are doing the right thing by tearing it down to check what is in a bind causing the sqealing.

No need to cause further damage hoping it goes away on it's own.

:thumbsup:

thought about it last night, guy on another forum also suggested, adjust the crankshaft balancer, will do today. Thanks for all the replys!

Oh, as a matter of fact the counter-balancer tension could be off. I adjusted mine, and the tighter I adjusted it, the more "shrill" I got. Backed it off until I had a nice quiet adjustment.....turn the slotted adjuster counter-clockwise (left) at idle.

it was the couterbalancer. needed to turn it back. it was too tight. its nice a quiet now. off to the races!

Buddie had the same thing happen..sounded like he had a Pro-charger!!

with all the attention he was getting I was about to unadjust mine!!LOL>

What I love is that now that I've read this, if it happens to me or someone else, I'll have a good place to start.

Thanks for posting up, especially the resolution!

--Wag--

Back