Need help

Htown Busa

Registered
I have a 2008 Hayabusa. When I turn, it feels like the wheel has some added assistance. When I am going straight, i don't notice any problems. What could be causing this. Could my front alignment be off? I don't know about working on bike so don't have a clue on what it could be.

its called counter steering, the bike will turn on its own you have to counter steer it to keep it from turning to far, also it helps that it has a steering stabilizer too

Did you check your air pressure ???

to add: "LATELY"...an then found it necessary to add a few PSI?

because that would create the scenario for the complaint lodged...or?..

it could also be...

steering head bearings that have seated in and need re-adjusting...or?...

a change in tire profile...(coming off the square edges of center-wear)..or?...

recent suspension related tuning adjustments?...

just some possibles...L8R, Bill. :cool:

If it's under warranty take it in for a check up.

I probably lost the warranty since I customized the bike. I notice the problem before the customization but didn't have it checked. Assumed it was tire pressure, possibly. Either way, it will have to go to the shop for a checkup, just wanted to know what it could possibly be. I hate being in the dark.

I probably lost the warranty since I customized the bike. I notice the problem before the customization but didn't have it checked. Assumed it was tire pressure, possibly. Either way, it will have to go to the shop for a checkup, just wanted to know what it could possibly be. I hate being in the dark.

Even though you noticed a change in handling prior to your customization, did any of your customizing efforts include the front end or rear swing arm?

Jinkster and BA already covered the tire pressure, tire condition, etc. Those are excellent points that you should have a look at.

When you say extra assistance, do you mean that the bike seems to "fall in" to the turns more easily than it used to? Without knowing your bike's history, or your riding habits/ability level, perhaps you are just noticing that you have improved in your cornering? I have had people make similar observations, and then realize that it was the way they were handling their bikes.

In any event, you should give the front end, and the rear swingarm (including the wheel alignment with the swingarm) a good once-over.

When you say extra assistance, do you mean that the bike seems to "fall in" to the turns more easily than it used to? .

Exactly, the bike seems to "fall in" more easily. This is even at low speeds. Bike has a new 240 kit on it and I changed the front tire. As I said, the bike seem to do this prior to the customization. Tire pressure is at 34 psi.

Exactly, the bike seems to "fall in" more easily. This is even at low speeds. Bike has a new 240 kit on it and I changed the front tire. As I said, the bike seem to do this prior to the customization. Tire pressure is at 34 psi.

34 P.S.I. on a motorcycle tire sounds pretty suspect to me.

Sounds like with your changes, you may have caused a slight caster change which would change the steering.

I just discovered a fork seal leak! Is this going to be a big job for me to undertake.
Advice please
Thanx

I just discovered a fork seal leak! Is this going to be a big job for me to undertake.
Advice please
Thanx

You need to start another thread for a quicker response. If you have the tools, and some decent mechanical ability, it's definitely a DIY project.

Do a search, and you'll find PLENTY of information regarding fork seal replacement. :thumbsup:

Thanks everybody. Turn out to be tire pressure. Went from 34 to 40 and the problem, or ar least what I perceived as a problem, disappeared.

Back