Clucth Reservoir Empty

Elmo'sBusa

Registered
Good Afternoon Guys, I have a 2000 Hayabusa, I have not turned it on in the last 4 months, I managed to turn it on this weekend and noticed that when I put on gear it would turn off, I then noticed that my clutch reservoir was empty, what could of caused this? Is it O.k.to use DOT 4 fluid, and how do I bleed it. Thanks in advance for any help. Elmo

Well first you need to find the leak and fix that. Clutch fluid doesnt just magically vanish.

DOT4 is what should go in there, same as the brake fluid. fill and bleed just as you would the brakes.

And I just went through this "bleeding" issue myself. Hope you got some muscles in your hands and arms! Took me for ever to get mine bled out!

use a pump...its the only way to bleed brake/clutch lines DOT 4 is what you want to use, also keep in mind the busa has hard and soft lines for the clutch and several connections along the way, it can be leaking out from a number of places and according to the manual your probably due to replace all of your hoses, lines anyway....as they tend to rott out and it says to replace every 4 years on the hose and every 2 years on the fluid
AutoZone.com | Shopping | Accessories | Product Detail - Actron Hand Vacuum Pump

acmcp7830003.jpg

acmcp.jpg

Last edited:
Back