Need help!!!!!

dreamwalker

Registered
Hey guys,
Im supposed to drop off my plastics for new paint on Monday but I've hit a few snags. On the front fender there are what Im assuming are brake lines. They are attatched with what looks like brackets or loops that are riveted to the fender. How do I unattach these hoses? Next since I've taken my seat off so many times Ive managed to strip out one of the bolts where the allen wrench goes in. I would prefer not to drill this out if I can avoid it. Finally and most stressing, The nose sectionn has all of the lights attached. How do I remove this section? I decidd against just removing screws and bolts until it comes off until I know if theres a better way from some one who has done it before.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

I can help with some of your problems; you'll need to drill the rivets on the front fender to free the brackets (Shouldn't be too hard), if you have metric taps, you can drill out the seat brackets and retap them to go to the next size up and finally you should have a shop manual that will explain how to remove all the headlights and turnsignals etc. I use a Clymer Book shop manual myself...

If your looking to take the nose of the bike off its very easy. Just remove your mirrors, lift the nose plastic by the mirror studs on each side, and pull gently until the mirror screw holes are past by about an inch or so. You do have to pull quite hard to free the plastic nose pins from the front of the bike. Its good to have a second person with you that can hold the nose while you remove the turn signal sockets and the headlight bulb. Thats about it..... I took mine off a month ago. Hope this helped.

is that a special tool for riveting onto plastic? Ive used rivets on metal before but is there something special I should buy for this?

First of all what year busa......the '07 - previous is much easier than the '08's. I took off everything to color change the plastics. It's pretty easy. I actually bent that hook on the front fender inorder to free the brake lines. The key to taking off the plastics is to TAKE YOUR TIME and make sure to remover all the screws and plastic pins before you muscle your way through them. A shop manual also is a great help too.

Dreamwalker,

Did you ever end up removing and replacing that brake line bracket?

I've hit the same wall and I'm even contemplating removing the entire front wheel just to get this darn fender off! I wonder if Home Depot sell any rivet kits with metric specs to re-rivet this thing back on?

Back