Need help with mods

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
I almost did the unthinkable!!!!! I almost traded my 05 Red & Black in on a 2006 Harley Street Glide, chrome front forks, painted inners, painted lowers, CD, XM radio, Nav system, 120 horse 98" motor. I was sick to my stomach all the way to the dealership thinking "I can't believe this is the last time I am going to ride my baby."

I had been working on this deal for two weeks and we were set on a price of $24,000.00 For the Street Glide and all the extras I added plus the motor work. Then we were taking off $8,300 for the trade on my busa. Well I called the dealer at 1pm and said do you have the total amount for me to put on the check. They said no, but we will have it when you get here. Ok, so I ride down to the dealer.

Me: Hey Fred, I got the blank check, my bikes outside, do you have the invoice?

Fred: No not yet, but I did add the figures and it will be $30,000.00 with everything including trade.

Me: Woa!!! Wait a minute, we had agreed to $24,000.00 for the past two weeks How is it $30,000.00 now!

Fred: Well it is because of all the motor work.

Me: No I already talked to Dan (engine builder/dyno operator/drag racer) and the price was set at $24,000.00 total.

Fred: Well that is what it is. This is just a rough estimate.

Me: Well go get me an itemized invoice with an exact dollar amount.

Fred: (THIS IS THE REAL KICKER) Just write the check out for $32,000.00 and once it is done we will just refund you anything extra.

Me: That is crazy, I have never heard of such a thing. Give me back my license, you just lost a sale and a comission check!!! I wouldn't write you a check for $3.00 let alone $32,000.00 without knowing what I was paying for.

Then when I was outside talking to some Harley guys that surrounded the mighty Busa in AWE and wonder they rolled out one of the Screaming Eagle Drag V-Rods. And one of the guys said check out Dan's Bike 165hp at the wheel. I just laughed and said I have that much stock HP and paid $38,000.00 less. They all just gasped and I left and cranked into it to show them what a real bike looks like.

With that being said, I realized I can never get rid of my Busa, so I am going to start with mods. I am getting ready to order the BDE street Megaphone exhaust, Power commander with timing adjustments, Pair block offs, and an aluminum fan.

Does anyone have any other suggestions with the exhaust or other gooides to get. Also is the BDE site the cheapest place to order that exhaust from?

I APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD FOR THE HIGH TREASON I ALMOST COMITTED. CAN I BE FORGIVEN?
lurk.gif

We will forgive you, so BUY A TURBO and Blow their itti bitty wheels off ! Even stage 1 gives you 250 horses at the rear
wow.gif
Anyway, everybody does what you did once in a while. Thankfully you want have to regret it
wink.gif

I did the opposite, dumped a ton of money into an HD trying to customize it and make it go faster and after all the time and money I got smart and bought my Busa and as you said it smokes my HD right off the showroom floor... such a waste, I wish I had back all the money I have put into the HD to put into the Busa.... live and learn...

they say the definition of insanity is making the same choices hoping for a different outcome....

Check with GMbusa for Prices. He'll set ya up.

Also check into a K&N Filter.
wink.gif

I thought I read somewhere that the high flow filters weren't any better than stock on the Busa??? Am I mistaken?

What is the difference between the BMC Race and Street filter other than a 10 dollar price swing?

How 'bout posting a name of the dealership that wuz trying to stick it to you.
BTW,the streetglide is a nice bike,you just cant compare apples with oranges.....

Wow, you dodged a bullet on that one!  Saved yourself a pile of money so you can now justify an incredible increase in power to a bike that already has an incredible amount of power.  Let the power mods begin!
tounge.gif
race.gif

The Dealership was Steel City Harley Davidson....Used to be called Washington Honda/Harley. Located in Washington PA, just outside of Pittsburgh   Salesman was Fred.....

Dealer has a great parts person but horrible sales/management staff.

<!--EDIT|sccrvettel82
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147024642 -->

Anyway, everybody does what you did once in a while. Thankfully you want have to regret it
wink.gif
Not me, you will never catch me pondering....let alone actively working a deal to trade my busa in for one of those other bikes
poke.gif
Just won't happen!

Sure sounds underhanded what the delearship was trying to do though.

Ok good point...  Does anyone have GMBusa's e-mail
He's been sick lately, so his phone might not be on. But his phone # is 540-910-0911. His name is Paul, business name is Gator Motors.

Or send him a PM.

I don't have his E-mail handy.

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147027753 -->

Do you think his pricing after shipping will be any cheaper than if I just ordered it straight from Brocks?

Also, what kind of sound will I be getting from the Street Megaphone system? Has anyone ever heard it? Is it annoying at cruising speed?

Back