Need help with an electrical problem

steve p

Registered
Has anyone bypassed the secondary throttle blades motor with a resistor or looped a wire or disconnected a wire to eliminate it? I need help to eliminate the servo completely and trick the bike into not throwing a code. This is an 08 by the way.

Also I need to do the same thing with the exhaust servo on my B King. I want to take it off the bike completely but I need some wiring fix to not get a code.

Thank you, Steve

ohm out the secondary servos and then take the reading and get a resistor with the same ohms and stick in the connector and it tricks the ecm into thinking that the connector is plugged in. However the problem arises when the engine seeks for engine speed increase and or air intake temp or CO2 reading due to increase fuel mixture coming from secondaries being opened. The fix isnt just getting the right resistor but getting the tuning right as well and that is the challenge the first is easy to accomplish the second is a little harder can be done with a wide band O2 and a good lab scope to check fuel mixture coming out to get base reading with secondaries working and then tune to that with laptop setup or Power commander just my bit of knowledge hopem it helps

Thank you. I need to find someone local that is good with the OHM stuff. I have a power commander with the auto tune on the bike so If I can trick it into not setting a code I think I will be ok.

And I know most people would say just leave the motor hooked up but remove the plates. I have put the motor on a 91 gsxr 1100 and I had to gut the throttle bodies to make them fit under the frame so I REALLY had to remove the servo from the throttle bodies. It is currently zip tied out of the way but it spins with no resistance so it immediately throws a code. When it throws a code it put the bike in a so called "limp mode" or "safe mode" and is constantly going back and forth from running great to struggling.

Back