Need help with Amplifier

Scipione420

Registered
Whats up guys? I have a JL audio A1400 amp for my car. I had 2 kickers that blew so i got 2 Pioneer's. Before my kickers blew i had my audio cables to ch1 and ch2 on the amp and it worked fine. Now when i hooked up the new speakers it wont work on ch1 and ch2 i have to put one cable on ch1 or ch2 and one on the pre-outs and it works fine. I dont get it could there be something wrong with the wires in the amp? Checked the speakers and everything seems to be right.
Thanks

Last edited:
Whats the impedance on the speakers. Bridging them (Ch1 and 2) may be dropping the ohms to low or not enough.

yep, sounds like ground problem, try rocking input channels and see if you can hear crackling noise. Very common problem.

I can fix it for you for free, just pay shipment.

BTW, Pioneers with JL amp? Really? I can get you two 12W6`s for half the price if you want. It will rock 4 city blocks with right box.

Nothing on input channels. Ihad the pioneers before the kickers so im just using them for now. What can you get the W6's for? Thanks

yes the w6 would do very well with that amp, but the problem i think might be the wires from the speakers to the amp just make sure + from speakers is + on the amp, and - is from the amp to - on speaker. if i can remember right - and + on the amp are not next to each other.

I checked the wiring twice b/c thats the first thing i thought. I have the wires going into one speaker and then out that speaker to the other. I would go from + to + and then - to - on the speakers right?

Shouldn't it be plus on ch1 to minus on ch2?

bridged_wiring.gif

Ohhh i went to the 2 middle ones R- and L+ but thats the same way i had it with the kickers and it worked fine. Maybe these speakers are different. Thanks ill have to try switching it tomorrow and see if that helps.

The preamp output delivers the same signal that
is connected to the A1400’s inputs. Therefore it doesn`t matter when you plug your cables.

You will notice that there are two “+” positive
connections and two “–” negative connections.
This is to facilitate multiple speaker wiring.
The two positive and two negative connections
are connected in parallel inside the amplifier.
Connecting two speakers, each to one set of
positive and negative terminals, will result in a
parallel speaker connection. If only connecting
one pair of speaker wires, it is not necessary to
use both sets of connections.

Thanks Vic :beerchug: The amp isnt that old i dont even think i had it a year yet. Im gonna go back to Boomers the place i got it and see if they can fix it for free. On the back of the speakers there were 2 prongs for - and 2 for + I went from one + to the other + on the other speaker. Now when i had my kickers on the spare set of prongs they were jumps and i didnt do it on this one....

wow.. hold on... you put 4 voice coils in parallel and didn`t fried you amp?

This amp stable down to 2 Ohm. Looks like you connected everything in parr and it less then 1 Ohm right now.

It is a great amp, one of the best. Now you need speakers worth this amp and correct hook up.

This is how the Audio cables are hooked up for it to work. I know its wrong but it works for some odd reason.... ???

h136A1400-o_1.jpg

Back