Need Help With A Dealer...

clearly one of two things happened:

1. They dealer traded the bike and another dealer had that put on.
2. They had it presold like said above and the sale fell through.

Seriously.. you are worried about nothing. The stickers factory have clear coat over them. They will not pull off.

Take a hair dryer and work slowly if you want to peel it off.

personally a 500.00 paint protection might be worth keeping on. A few wrinkles here and there for excellent paint when you go to sell it might be worth it. *you can always pull it off later.

Also, you can replace just parts of it that look bad.

I hate to say it But............Ya Think this Bike Was Damaged Somehow and the Dealership Tried to Cover It Up ??? I am in the Automotive Field and know how A lot of Dealerships Operate. Unfortunetly they are Not as Honest as You Think :moon:

Personally, I think they're pretty dishonest but if they're less honest than that. Whoa.

That crap on there looks pretty nasty. It'll probably come off with some heat or some Honda Polish. I'd lift a corner like you have already and then start spraying it under there a little at a time. Rub it in and it'll probably start lifting quite easily. Some would advocate using WD-40 for the process but I don't know what it might do to the paint underneath.

--Wag--

To be honest, I have no idea what that stuff is (I have an 08 and nothing like that was/is on my bike); but based on the context in the pics it looks like it should definitely come off if you wanted. As others have suggested check with XPEL and see what they say about removing it (if by the pics they agree that it is their product on your bike).

Good luck man.

D

OK here's what my contact at a local dealer said....

I put that stuff on about two bikes and it is never perfect. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I'm a bit cranky, but I think this is why you buy from your local reputable dealer.

The dealer that is mentioned is notorious for selling stuff super cheap. Where did this stuff come from? It came from other dealers in other parts of the country that have lost their inventory due to falling behind on payments.

This guy drives 600 miles because he thought he got a hell of a deal. I bet he wishes he would have walked into his local store and bought one from people he could trust with his issues after the sale.

That's my .02. The selling dealer got that bike from another dealer for less than cost, turned around and sold it for little profit at a killer price, and I bet the customer doesn't get any satisfaction unless Suzuki corporate does something for him.

It's clear plastic paint protection kit. If installed correctly they do a good job and you can't really tell they are there. Looks like they messed up installing it though.

IF...... everything falls through and your SOL, that clear film can come off easy. Take the panels off and lay them in the sun for a couple hours. That alone should heat it enough but having a hair dryer handy is good too. Then start at a bottom edge to see if it will come off. Work in small areas and resist the urge to pull in big sections. Always pull the material at a 180deg angle to avoid any lifting. If you work carefully around the stickers they should be safe too.

USE COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!! Don't rush! It's not gonna all come off in 15minutes.

That is a protective film. If you want it off, just peel it off and use some orange glow or there of to remove the adhesive.
If you have not noticed how it looks before, I don't see what the big deal is now? Just my $0.02

looks like a poor application of 3m protective film. why not try taking off a little in a non conspicuous area with a heat gun or hair dryer. you may even be able to smooth out that ruffled area and reapply it if you like the stuff. i don't think the paint is f.u.b.r. from that.???

what i would like to know is why would anyone buy a bike if it LQQKed like the pics here i would have went to a different dealer :whistle:
I was thinking the same thing! I always get up close and personal with pre-purchase inspection BEFORE I sign the dotted line! I'd of run outta that store real quick like!!

Back