Need Help to Detect A Photo Chop

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone tell if a picture has been doctored? I posted a photo a week or so ago of a HK 45 I bought. It's broken and has a hairline crack in the right rear of the slide. My picture and even the one I captured off the web from before I bought it shows the crack. Bad quality but it's there. Now, the guy sends me a picture and looks different from the exact same photo I capture from the web. I have the file and will gladly provide if you can tell if it's doctored or not. Would greatly appreciate the help. PM me if you can and exchange email and file. :bowdown: Just tried to attach the file. It may be there if not too large. Hairline crack is on the right rear of the slide of the polished unit! It’s the top corner of the bottom notch and runs out a few millimeters. Compare the left photo below that I captured from the web and the original 14mp photo on the right of the exact same shot. That looks like it was doctored. Finally my 12mp shot of the crack itself that can clearly be seen.

Adam Sent Picture 1 of 2.jpg

Photo Shop Not Bad.jpg

HK45 Inop 003.jpg

you can see crack in left pic but on right pic it's been shadowed somehow to dull down the crack...

those are two different photos, look at the reflection of the hammer on the back of the slide, in the one on the right it is larger and extends further out onto the slide than the other photo. Also look at the width of the black on the base of the gun below the slide surrounding the hammer if you measure it between the two different pictures they are different widths showing that they are from slightly different angles.. its not doctored they are different photos

Agreed. If I blow this up you can see how it was blimished with like MS Paint or what ever software to help hide it. However, where the hairline starts can still be seen in the very corner where it starts. It's good to know you see what I see and thanks as my old eyes are getting bad and this helps.

Your right, a very slight different angle but blowing this up I can see the alteration now from software. Bought a learning experience on this one. Never trust anyone even with 100 percent positive feedback and over excited to drive over two hours to bring the weapon to me. Explains why it was a deal at a local grocery store so I just hope he fed all his kids with that money.

Last picture of this bad gun deal. Here is the picture of the original 14mp jpg sent to me. I opened it in MS Paint and then supersized it. It's obvious if you blow this up the entire back edge of the slide was doctored up.

Adam Sent Picture 1 of 2 After He Tried to Edit Out the Crack & Obvisoulsy Altered.jpg

Back