Photo's Chop Help Please

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I have a friend that just gave me a photo of his kids with their grandfather and the photo is blurry. As well, he would like the eyes opened on the grandfather. I have never messed with Photo Shop and such and I thought of all you guys as I have seen some great stuff done here. I have the photo and I would ask if you can help, please let me know and I'll send the photo. Just need to take the blurry away and put grandfather in a set of eyes as his are closed! :bowdown: Just send me a PM with addy and I'll shoot it at you!

I have a friend that just gave me a photo of his kids with their grandfather and the photo is blurry. As well, he would like the eyes opened on the grandfather. I have never messed with Photo Shop and such and I thought of all you guys as I have seen some great stuff done here. I have the photo and I would ask if you can help, please let me know and I'll send the photo. Just need to take the blurry away and put grandfather in a set of eyes as his are closed! :bowdown: Just send me a PM with addy and I'll shoot it at you!

Blurry is exceptionally difficult to correct. How large is the original photo? Your best bet is to downsize it.

As for the eyes, it's best to get a second photo from your friend with the eyes opened. That way you'll have something "authentic" to work with.

Last edited:
Just impose this over the yes

:shocked:

Other than this advise I am no good to you.

Let me ask for a 2nd photo for the real eyes althogh the bug eyes would be a cool gag for my friend! LOL Size is 1280 X 1040! I'm sure I could load up a resizer program since I'm not running Se7ven yet!

Blurry is exceptionally difficult to correct. How large is the original photo? Your best bet is to downsize it.

As for the eyes, it's best to get a second photo from your friend with the eyes opened. That way you'll have something "authentic" to work with.

Here is what we have to work with!

pix off dash 048.jpg

Shot with eyes open has been obtained. I'll gladly send to anyone up to the challange!

pix off dash Eyes Open.jpg

What is the end purpose for this photo?

Does it need to be printed, or will it just be viewed on a computer?

It's probably best to reshoot this if possible. There isn't really enough to work with. Garbage in, garbage out is the phrase that comes to mind.

You might suggest to whomever took these photos that better light and maybe less caffeine consumption will help get a sharper image.

Here is the best I can do with the time I have for this. Anything beyond this is going to take a lot of time (and money).,.and is not going to produce outstanding results.

I didn't see the point of opening grandfather's eyes when he was just looking down at the floor, so I changed that also.

4163087029_b325de2939_o.jpg

Here is an email I just received from my friend that is asking this favor!

The man with his eyes closed is my dad and that is Andrew and Nathan in the back. The older man on the left is Harry Kalas. He was the broadcast voice of the Phillies for 35 years and the voice of NFL films. He died earlier this year. We were able to meet him two summers ago and I snapped that photo on my phone. I dug out that old phone last night and downloaded that picture. I would like to frame it and give it to my dad for Christmas if I can get it looking decent. Thanks for your help. :please:

What is the end purpose for this photo?

Does it need to be printed, or will it just be viewed on a computer?

There is no rush and your time is greatly appreciated!

It's probably best to reshoot this if possible. There isn't really enough to work with. Garbage in, garbage out is the phrase that comes to mind.

You might suggest to whomever took these photos that better light and maybe less caffeine consumption will help get a sharper image.

Here is the best I can do with the time I have for this. Anything beyond this is going to take a lot of time (and money).,.and is not going to produce outstanding results.

I didn't see the point of opening grandfather's eyes when he was just looking down at the floor, so I changed that also.

4163087029_b325de2939_o.jpg

I know this photo has sentimental value, but it's never going to produce a great print. I have done some more work to this version for you, and I have a 5x7 @300 p.p.i. version I can e-mail you if you'd like to send me a pm with your address. This image should not be printed larger than 5x7...it looks bad enough at that size.

Your friend may or may not be satisfied with the results. As I wrote before, a blurred photo is not really something that can be fixed...unless there are a huge amount of pixels to begin with. A cameraphone is not going to produce enough pixels.

There are limitations to what can be achieved both technically and economically. If we had five times the resolution in the original we'd have a better chance to salvage something more usable.

4164223230_6578de08a2_b.jpg

You did good and I'm sure he will very much appreciate it! I'll print it on my photo quality print and go from there! I appreciate it a well. Please send it to my porterfm@msn.com account. :bowdown:

I know this photo has sentimental value, but it's never going to produce a great print. I have done some more work to this version for you, and I have a 5x7 @300 p.p.i. version I can e-mail you if you'd like to send me a pm with your address. This image should not be printed larger than 5x7...it looks bad enough at that size.

Your friend may or may not be satisfied with the results. As I wrote before, a blurred photo is not really something that can be fixed...unless there are a huge amount of pixels to begin with. A cameraphone is not going to produce enough pixels.

There are limitations to what can be achieved both technically and economically. If we had five times the resolution in the original we'd have a better chance to salvage something more usable.

4164223230_6578de08a2_b.jpg

Back