NEED HELP QUICK!!!

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
ok, so im helpin a buddy buddy his bike together after he laid it down back in june. i need to know the torque specs for the left and right motor mount bolts on the frame and alse the torque spec. for the collar sleeve bolt on the right side frame. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Ozzy

Not sure how much the 750 is like the Busa, but try these #s:

HayabusaServiceManual_1999_2000_Page_064.jpg

I have the '07 750 service manual.

But I'm at work, I can get you the torque settings later tonight.

(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 02 2007,17:41) I have the '07 750 service manual.

thanks charles. his is an 02 but im sure it is all the same. i need the torque specs for the l and r motor mount bolts through the frame, the hex bolt for the collar sleeve on the right side frame that goes around the motormount bolt, and the star bolt the holds on the triple tree.

any info i can get would be great. he may still be on crutches with both ankles in a cast but i atleast want to get his bike back together as quickly as possible for him.

(OZZY @ Aug. 02 2007,14:45)

thanks charles.  his is an 02 but im sure it is all the same.  i need the torque specs for the l and r motor mount bolts through the frame, the hex bolt for the collar sleeve on the right side frame that goes around the motormount bolt, and the star bolt the holds on the triple tree.  

any info i can get would be great.  he may still be on crutches with both ankles in a cast but i atleast want to get his bike back together as quickly as possible for him.
I'll get it tonight for ya, but it'll be late about 10:30pm PST

(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 02 2007,19:45)
(OZZY @ Aug. 02 2007,14:45)

thanks charles.  his is an 02 but im sure it is all the same.  i need the torque specs for the l and r motor mount bolts through the frame, the hex bolt for the collar sleeve on the right side frame that goes around the motormount bolt, and the star bolt the holds on the triple tree.  

any info i can get would be great.  he may still be on crutches with both ankles in a cast but i atleast want to get his bike back together as quickly as possible for him.
I'll get it tonight for ya, but it'll be late  about 10:30pm PST
NO PROBLEM AND THANKS AGAIN. IM GOING TO BE OUT OF TOWN FOR THE WEEKEND SO I WONT GET A CHANCE TO WRENCH ON HIS BIKE UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT AT THE EARLIEST. I WILL CHECK BACK IN THE MORNING AND GET THE INFO. THANKS AGAIN CHARLES!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Looks like the mounting bolts are 40ft-lbs and the pinch bolts on the mounting bolts are 16.5ft-lbs.

Here's the triple tree and assy.

Looks like the hex nut or steering stem head nut is 65ft-lbs.

qp.jpg

I'm not sure where to find this
the hex bolt for the collar sleeve on the right side frame that goes around the motormount bolt[/Quote]

If you can, can you describe where I might find this in the manual. What it holds on the bike..

I'm going to get something to eat. I'll check back in 1/2 an hour
wink.gif

No luck finding that last hex bolt. It may just be the difference in model years.

My '07 frame sliders bolt onto the engine mount bolts.

Let me know if I can help you out anymore
biggrin.gif

Back