need help please

Don't let them all fool you. Get remapped and take that thing to 17Krpm!!!!

Post pics after you do! :laugh:

My guess is, you aint breakin it in the way the manual says to. Oh Well, It can only turn so hard then she'll probably break. Happy riding.:thumbsup:

gkcbusa,

I find your questions a bit odd for a guy who rode sportbikes before. I'd say a 'Busa is no different in power/torque patterns than most other inline 4s, except for more power/torque everywhere.

I don't know, maybe you are used to riding your other bikes at redline most of the time. No need with the 'Busa. She is pretty happy at lower rpm. I'd say keep her between 6-10 and both of you will be happy.

I personally ride at 4 - 6k on highway in 6th with enough punch to pass any car or to accelerate into triple digits in a matter of seconds, but go to 6 - 10k for high speed runs, or back roads. The fastest I've been was around 170 indicated in 5th. Don't know what rpm were if you know what I mean - kinda looking ahead.

Oh, yeah, :welcome:

Go to boostbysmith.com plenty of links and info on them around here. They sell a cable for $208.00 The software is a free download. You can raise your rpm limiter up, I believe it's 500rpm above the stock limiter, which they call the soft limiter. After that the hard limiter kicks in, which is the one that prevents your engine from running to hard and breaking things. The soft limiter is proof the bike has more than the factory gives. You can also turn off your top speed limiter, stock Busa will go on to I think 193mph.
Generic fuel maps are also supposed to be available soon. It's basically a point and click hack to tune your bike safely to whatever your modificaions, theres also a default to put it all back stock. Best tuner available, check it out.

So are you all stock? You can squeeze out a little more HP and torque with a full exhaust and a good tune.

Yeah the tach reads approx.11,800 rpm's give or take(bikes vary slightly) as it touches the limiter.:beerchug:

alot of farm land around and gotta have roads to get to them 3 or 4 miles long plenty of room and no traffic

Pocahontas, huh? Ask some of the old timers there if they remember a day back in 1964 when a C-130 landed alongside a highway/road. There was some kind of general store across the road.

It was during a "Swift Strike 3" exercise. We were temporarily stationed near Walnut Ridge, AR, living in some old hotel. I forget if we were the Red or Blue team, but we got word the "enemy" was planning a fighter plane gun-camera strike on us, so we had to disperse in a hurry.

We blasted out of Walnut Ridge and hid out at Pocahontas. Great fun in those days.

Last edited:
alot of farm land around and gotta have roads to get to them 3 or 4 miles long plenty of room and no traffic

We have a couple SOD farms around here that let you wind her up, No traffic, No intersections

As for the Rev limiter, Slow your roll Jr. Lets not blow that new baby girl up before you have a chance to enjoy her, Ive had mine 1 year now and havent hit the rev limiter yet, and not sure I want to.

Back