need help please

gkcbusa

Registered
as we all know im new to the busa so today i decided to get her out and see what it felt like to lay into it hard but the only problem is it shut down at 11,500 rpms and its got more and i want to use all of it. What do i need to do to get it all and where do i get it? Its there so i want to use it is there any do's or donts i need to know first? i would appreciate any info please.

Max torque peaks out and starts to decrease around 9500 RPMs on the Gen I. So once you get up North of 9 grand you need to hit a gear. :thumbsup:

Or you could flash the ecm and raise the limit. I think I read someplace that you can safely raise it only 400 to 500. I am not sure.

its not like its hitting the rev it just like when a car shuts down it just like it cuts off all gas or shuts off doesnt really rev when should my shift light come on i havent seen it yet it doesnt act like the sv1000s i had when it would hit the rev but ill take any info i can get what is the top speed of it id rather somebody tell me then find out fastest ive been is 155mph and that was by accident man its gets there quick.

Ya gotta pin the throttle, not just ease into it. DO3 is correct, you're into the limiter. I believe you have to set the shift light. Top speed is 186 from the factory. Pin the throttle in 2nd from low rpm and enjoy the ride.....

how do i set shift light and what is good rpm they didnt give me a book with the bike i guess that cost extra you would think they would take you out and wine and dine you for that price

11,500 yer done dude...that's all she has.
Posted via Mobile Device

they shouldnt tease me with 13 on there if i cant get to it that's not fair but really like i need it.

Look and see where the tach has a red line. Hence the term redlining. You're kinda new to performance ain't ya?:rofl:

it starts at 11 and stops at 13 it shuts down at 11500 my sv started at 10500 and stopped at 12000 and i could use it all and my yzf 600 was same didnt know why this was different not new to performance just to this much performance know what i mean ive rode alot of bikes or i thought i did until i rode the 09 busa wow thats performance and thats factory i dont see how you guys add more horse power but ive only had it a month

Look and see where the tach has a red line. Hence the term redlining. You're kinda new to performance ain't ya?:rofl:

No kidding. Engines have a tolerance level that is set for a reason. Less you want to make expensive mistakes.
While it may show a slightly higher RPM on the dial....it is there to show you that the engines tolerance level is nearing its max potential.

Ummm...more power to you if you feel the need for more oopmh at it's max ranges. ??? Maybe you should consider looking into a full engine rebuild w/ larger pistons and performance cam. Turbo.....or something :nike:

It hits the limiter @ 11.5 and shuts down. There are many ways to increase performance, how much cash you wanna drop? Remember the search function is your friend.....

dont want to increase just wondering if that was it dont need more power scared of what i got now and nowhere to use it around here anyways if there was a cheap easy way to do it i would dont want to drop cash dont have it and economy sux to much to let go of any of it anyways just curious about it but ill take any info anyone knows about the 09's didnt know much about the busa when i bought it just knew i always wanted one.

are you guys serious, lol who the heck is riding around their hayabusa at rev limit, are we on the race track here or the street,
if your doing it on the street, your a hazard to people around you, keep it on the track:rulez:

Last edited:
on street there are no tracks around here but there are some isolated long roads around here so thats what we use

Like the others have said, there's not anything north of 11500 to look forward to except an expensive repair bill if it self detonates! Besides, unless you're on the track, where are you gonna really need those extra RPMs without endangering someone other than yourself.

alot of farm land around and gotta have roads to get to them 3 or 4 miles long plenty of room and no traffic

dont want to increase just wondering if that was it dont need more power scared of what i got now and nowhere to use it around here anyways if there was a cheap easy way to do it i would dont want to drop cash dont have it and economy sux to much to let go of any of it anyways just curious about it but ill take any info anyone knows about the 09's didnt know much about the busa when i bought it just knew i always wanted one.

I hear ya there man! Well....that's it. So enjoy and keep her rubber side down. I'm sure you'll pick up a few mods as you go. It's almost inevitable if you you hang around here long enough :whistle: :laugh:

Back