need help on hid running lights

straghtclownin

Registered
I seen somewere somebody had what looked like hids in the turns and used them as running lights if anybody knows I would love some input links anything I need more light

Your probably talking about switchbacks. It is where you use the light sockets out of a taillight in place of the turn signal light sockets that are there and the extra wire you tie into a keyed wire in the nose. But you will need to use switchback bulbs.

ya I seen a vid on you tube...I was seeing if anyone on here has done it I was thinking about doin it with leds or hids they have leds for headlights something like that

I have switchbacks on my bike. Which as a running light they are white. When you put on your turn signal they will flash yellow/amber, then switchback to white when you cancel the turn signals. I have hid's on my bike at the moment (getting ready to take them off and put on piaa's extreme white bulbs in).

do the switch backs make a difference ....like does it make a good amount of light at night

If you want more light on the road you might check out the clearwater "darla" lights, very bright while drawing only about 4 amps.
Let me know if you want pics of them on the bike and I'll take a few as time allows.
Board sponsor, pashnit usually has them in stock.

Back