NEED HELP ! HOW IS A 2005 ?

it's fast
it's comfortable (for a sport bike)
in my opinion the best sportbike for taking passengers

it's too fast if you are a dumbass
it doesn't handle as well as a 1000cc or lower

you have to think about what kind or rider you are. if you do a lot of drag racing, long rides on mostly straight roads, but want something with a lot of power, yet comfortable, the busa is a good choice.

if you like feeling nimble, doing wheelies, riding twisties, or riding around a town with a lot of turns, a smaller displacement bike is better.

also, this goes without saying, you better have either some serious bike skills or be very mature if you are even considering purchasing a busa. Most of us here strongly recommend not using a busa as your first bike... remember it's not like a car... if u lose control in a car chances are your wallet will be the only thing getting hurt... on a bike that can do 80+ mph in FIRST gear, like 120 mph in second and still has 4 more gears after that.... well... i'm sure you get the picture.

welcome to the site and remember theres a search button at the top right of the screen... do some research before posting things. You might get flamed outherwise.
Ride safe
beerchug.gif

(jerry chabino @ Jul. 09 2007,17:17) Hi all,

Thinking of buying a 2005 Haya.  I sure would appreciate some feedback as to pros and cons.

Regards,

Jerry
Welcome Jerry,

If you are worrying about the differences in the years, you are pretty much covered with a 2003 and up. The clutch, ecu, and starter updates are all covered by then.

Rick

Mines an 05' Red & Black. Definately the fastest color combination avalible. Love it love it love it. O yeah...What the guys above me says too.

Mines an 05' Red & Black. Definately the fastest color combination avalible. Love it love it love it. O yeah...What the guys above me says too.

Thanks guys. My background is;

55 years young
Have owned bikes since mid 60's

X6 Hustler
BSA 650 Lightning
75 Z1 Kaw (just finished restoring one)
Harley Sportster
Harley V Rod (Nitrous)

I'll be careful.

PS for Lucky 34. I tried the search but didn't get much. I probably screwed up. Now you guys wouldn't flame an old man, would ya ? <g>

(Lucky34 @ Jul. 09 2007,15:51) it's fast
it's comfortable (for a sport bike)
in my opinion the best sportbike for taking passengers

it's too fast if you are a dumbass
it doesn't handle as well as a 1000cc or lower

you have to think about what kind or rider you are. if you do a lot of drag racing, long rides on mostly straight roads, but want something with a lot of power, yet comfortable, the busa is a good choice.

if you like feeling nimble, doing wheelies, riding twisties, or riding around a town with a lot of turns, a smaller displacement bike is better.

also, this goes without saying, you better have either some serious bike skills or be very mature if you are even considering purchasing a busa. Most of us here strongly recommend not using a busa as your first bike... remember it's not like a car... if u lose control in a car chances are your wallet will be the only thing getting hurt... on a bike that can do 80+ mph in FIRST gear, like 120 mph in second and still has 4 more gears after that.... well... i'm sure you get the picture.
Very Well Said  
super.gif

And  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Site, hope you love your Busa as much as we do ours  
jump9.gif

Your a young man!
biggrin.gif
I'm 57 and I have an 05 red/ black too. I love this bike and enjoy riding it more every time I get on it! The people you meet on a busa are just the BEST. Go get one and join us you won't be sorry.

Back