Need help guys..

Jwilson140528

Registered
Bought my Hayabusa and was gonna pay to get the ECU flashed. Opened the seat to install a battery tender and found this.. turns out I don't need to get it flashed after all. I guess this is good news?!?! Says shift light at 10,500 and rev limit 11,500..

IMG_20220806_125636_01.jpg

11,500 is too high, there is no power there, just over rev and stress on the engine.
Peak hp(with full exhaust and large airbox mod) should be low to mid 10k rpms, maybe lower, and falls off quickly after.
I totally agree. There is no power to be made there.. yeah there is no way to tell who did it. Just was reaching out for you guys help. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you guys have

What would they have done with the flash? I mean do different tuners do different stuff while inside the ECU?

Yes, they offer a list of options for the customer to choose.

Timing is retarded in the low end and they can disable that. The top speed limit to which all those manufacturers agreed can be disabled. There are a quite a few options.

11,500 is too high, there is no power there, just over rev and stress on the engine.

I wonder if any engine work was done to merit this change. @Jwilson140528 do you know for sure the engine is stock?

Email, and then mail it to Frank. Worth the $ to learn what switches were flipped.
Tell him you were referred by the org.

All his contact details can be found on his site:

[EDIT] MANY, many of us here on this site have successfully used his services

What would they have done with the flash? I mean do different tuners do different stuff while inside the ECU?
That is a good question...if someone did it themselves they could have done anything however it looks as though they removed the limiter and raised the RPM limit.

Many here use home based flash programs to good effect...if you are unsure, it would be worth your time to send it in to ensure it was done right.

Yes, they offer a list of options for the customer to choose.

Timing is retarded in the low end and they can disable that. The top speed limit to which all those manufacturers agreed can be disabled. There are a quite a few options.

I wonder if any engine work was done to merit this change. @Jwilson140528 do you know for sure the engine is stock?
I have no idea of it's stock inside. I haven't looked. I'll take a look at bolt heads etc to see if they look like they have had a socket on em. Good idea

Some flashes include an air/fuel map, by request, most don't.
A basic flash usually gives more timing at lower rpms/smart tre(noticeable), removes top speed limiter, turns fans on/off 10-15°f sooner.
Later models with more features have more options.
But a flash is well worth having done correctly.
And I agree, if it runs good, leave it be.

Back