Need help finding Melon sized helmet....

RedNeckBusaBoy

Registered
Hey Gang,

Looking for some help..... I have been trying to find a helmet that fits someone with a 60cm / 24 1/4 inch melon..... I currently have a Shoei RF1000 XXL and it is too tight. I have not been able to find anything any bigger in the local shops. When looking on line the XXXL listings are few and far between and never in the model I want.

Who makes a good helmet that I can fit into and where can I find it?
rock.gif

Thanx Gang... You guys and gals rule....

Hey War,

Thanx for the info. Have you dealt with these guys before???

P.S. It would be so bad having such at fat head if only they could have put something in it besides rocks....
tounge.gif

Hey RNBB,

We got the same size melons! I hate to say this and I actually HOPE someone can prove me wrong. I've tried on every XXXL and XXXXL helmet out there and the HJC is the only one that fits my noggin. Bell makes a big one that fits very well but it only comes in white and looks like something from the '70's
sad.gif

Hey fellow Big heads.. I have an Arai Signet GT XXXL, it is the only helmet I find that fits rights. My brother (I guess my family has bigs heads) needed the some size helmet, He originally had I think a xxxl Shoei, and it didnt fit right, then he bought a xxxl HJC, and didnt like that either, (he said it hurt after about an hour of ridding) he finnally got a xxxl Arai, and he likes it, and it fits him right.
BTW we both got our helmets at the Helmetshop, there in Daytona, they seem like good people.

Red,

I am in the same boat.  And did a major search for modular helmets.  What I wound up with was a Caberg, aka Jarow Modular.  When compared to an Arai or Suomy standard Full-Face, the Caberg runs just a tad larger.

I wear a 7 3/4 fitted hat and the Caberg XXL fits perfect.  The Schuberth Concept XXXL is too small.

The Caberg is also well made DOT approved as well as approval by three european safety boards.  It also has the built in secondary visor that works similar to a military helicopter helmet.

It should be a great helmet for cruising, etc.  Though I am going to buy an Arai or Suomy full-face for the track or serious stuff.

If you are interested, I bought mine online at Sierra BMW out of Sparks, NV  the solid colors go for 299.00  I had them order a silver titanium graphic version for 329.00  They provide great customer service.  

Here is there link:

http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/item.jh....1309013

Hey Gang,

Dudes, You dont know how much I appreciated that info.... At least I know I am not alone. hee hee Just hate the Ideal of tossing 400+ plus bucks on guess. Glad you guys are around.

Thanx
The Redneck
biggrin.gif

Hey Gang,

Looking for some help.....  I have been trying to find a helmet that fits someone with a 60cm / 24 1/4 inch melon.....  I currently have a Shoei RF1000 XXL and it is too tight.  I have not been able to find anything any bigger in the local shops.  When looking on line the XXXL listings are few and far between and never in the model I want.

Who makes a good helmet that I can fit into and where can I find it?
rock.gif

Thanx Gang...  You guys and gals rule....
I suggest you try the modular helmets from HJC and Shoei... the HJC modular helmets are quite spacious!!! You might wanna check em out on http://www.bikebandit.com

Man, ya'll got some huge noggins!
biggrin.gif
Glad you to see you are able to find something that fits and fits comfortably cause that would just stink.

Back