need help about oem half tank cover

bigboy

Registered
I have an 07 busa and i want an oem half tank cover.but i can only find one for the gen two.i was wondering if it would still fit on mine cause i swear i seen one at the bike shop on an 06 busa.guys if u have any answers i would really appreciate it

By the way u guys will be happy to know this newbie will be fully geared this summer.no more squidding around.will be alpinestars head to toe

I remember people looking for them a couple of years ago.....they seem to be pretty scarce.

I went through this same situation about 3 years ago. I could not find a new one anywhere. Your best bet is used on Ebay or the classified section of the board if you're set on a cover. Some alternatives are:

TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product (Don't know how well this works. I've seen mixed reviews.)

bagster hayabusa | eBay (These are nice but expensive.)

A cheaper place to get the bagster Abasport UK (Thanks for the hint semi:thumbsup:)

Unfortunately it's getting harder and harder to find accessories for the Hayabusa (even Gen II). Good luck.

JPunisher

Gen-I Bagster was mentioned... had them on 3 different bikes of mine:

8162615354_03568bdba8_o.jpg

10973465554_80f2600637_o.jpg

10973524593_de152ca79b_o.jpg

Watch those oem half bras because they trap water and leave spots or line on the clear coat permanently! I love my clear kit from tankslappers.com but I only used the portion that makes contact with the crotch on the tank. As far as fitment between gen1 or gen2, they are close in similarity but not identical. You might pull it off.

Watch those oem half bras because they trap water and leave spots or line on the clear coat permanently! I love my clear kit from tankslappers.com but I only used the portion that makes contact with the crotch on the tank. As far as fitment between gen1 or gen2, they are close in similarity but not identical. You might pull it off.

Have you ever had to remove or change the tankslapper? If, so did you have any problems with the paint? Are you using the 3M version? I have read reviews of ruined paint jobs when this is removed. I would be interested in hearing your experience with it. I am still debating between this and the bagster.

Thanks,

JPunisher

Nah, haven't removed the clear 3m film from tankslapper. It's been on there for quite a few years and I don't plan on it. Worst case scenario I will either sell as is with the bike or try to remove it with a heat gun ever so gently. I'm not too worried about it and the 3m film is hardly noticeable minus the lines because of wax build up. I dig the looks of the bike and don't like to cover it up with bras like I did with my k1.

Here is a close up and you can't even see it with the naked eye. Disregard the shower mats. There for nothing more than practicality use.

image.jpg

I agree, the bike looks great and the looks are a major factor in the purchasing decision. We then cover it up to preserve it and never enjoy it. The tankslapper seems like a great compromise. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,

JPunisher

Back