need another reason to

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Owens: Eagles used me, called me selfish

NFL.com wire reports

PHILADELPHIA (Dec. 16, 2005) -- Before Terrell Owens was banished from the Philadelphia Eagles, the All-Pro wide receiver told GQ magazine that some of his teammates didn't want him to play in the Super Bowl last February.

"A lot of people, they doubted me," Owens said in the January issue of GQ. "Some of my teammates didn't want to see me come back, but I came back.

"That's why I felt so ultimately disrespected, because I knew how hard I worked to get back on that field to help them. Had I not played, who knows, we probably would've gotten beat worse."

Owens defied his doctor's advice and played against New England in the Super Bowl, just 6 1/2 weeks after ankle surgery. He had nine catches for 122 yards, but the Eagles lost 24-21.

"When I was rehabbing, they called me selfish for trying to get on the field to play," he explained. "I said, 'You guys are labeling me selfish for rehabbing, trying to play in the biggest game of the year?' If Brett Favre had done it, you would've said he was a hero, would've given him an 'ironman' award or something like that.

"But me? For whatever reason, I was selfish. And for the life of me, I just don't understand."

Owens told the magazine he felt "used" by the Eagles.

"One of the main reasons they brought me to Philadelphia was to get to the Super Bowl, so it's just like, I feel used all of a sudden," he said. "You all used me to win a lot of games, and then once I got hurt last year before the playoffs, it was, 'Yeah, we really don't need T.O.' "

Owens wonders if the media is out to get him.

"The things that I've done in the past, like celebrate in the end zone, they're making a fanfare out of it now with (Bengals wide receiver) Chad Johnson," Owens said. "With all the celebrations that he's done, they're like congratulating him for it. But if it was me, they'd be like, 'Oh, we don't need this in football, this is not good for football.' Not that Chad is doing something wrong, it's not his fault, but you kind of wonder, do they have it out for me?"

Owens is known for his flamboyant celebrations, including the Sharpie incident and posing on the Cowboys' star at midfield at Texas Stadium.

Owens feels he doesn't get equal treatment from the media.

"I went down to the Houston Astrodome after (Hurricane) Katrina, but nobody made a big deal about it," he said. "But you saw Peyton Manning and his brother, they made a big deal about that. I did it on my own. I didn't do it for publicity."

Owens came to the Eagles in March 2004 after eight sometimes-controversial seasons in San Francisco. He was suspended last month for a series of infractions and critical public comments about quarterback Donovan McNabb and the organization, dating to his offseason demands for a new contract. An arbitrator later upheld the team's decision to deactivate him for the remainder of the season.
[/QUOTE]

that takes the cake.

Man where was the media when I was doing something that I wasn't doing for the publicity!

what a freeking joke.

if per chance T.O. comes across this post while he hasnt' go anything better to do... I'd like to explain it..

they called you selfish because you are... We all know you didn't come back from the surgery to help the eagles.. you came back early from the surgery because you wanted the publicity that would come along with not following the doctors orders... and it was the super bowl.. no braggard such as yourself could possibly miss a (once in a lifetime for you I hope) chance like that.

They didn't want you to come back because they know you... it just took the rest of the world a little bit longer to realize what a complete fool you are.

Nobody really wants "you". They want the touchdowns you can bring.. but god willing nobody will be that desperate.

Talk with matt millen.. he's stupid enough to think you could make a difference.. or washington's owner.. he does stupid things all the time..

or al davis... although Randy Moss is already on record saying that if you come there... he's leaving.. and myself being a raider fan... would rather have moss... hell I'd rather see them pick up Santana Moss from Washington after snyder wastes time & money on you.

you need to remember that from this point on... any cheering you hear won't be for "you" it will be for the touchdown, or the big catch... because no fan is ever going to want you on their particular favorite team.. no matter what you do.

They'll view it as a necessary evil...

"yeah, he's a little whiney selfish #####... but we were desperate for a WR... so we took a chance... wonder how long till he starts running his snivelly little "oh whoa is me" mouth again.

The reason Brett Favre would get an award is because he couldn't care less about the award.. he just wants to play.

You on the other hand are more worried about the media giving you little bits of metal with your name engraved on it to ever be considered in the same league with Farve, or Mcnabb, or 99.9% of the other players that played, are playing, or will play in the NFL.

Ego, Quit holding back. Tell us how you really feel
smile.gif

Back