Need advice; anyone ever use these?

BrianKesler

Registered
This past Sunday i slid down the road on my right side, and so did the bike. I have ordered a new clip on, bar ends, brake and clutch lever, and some other odds and ends. Now im just left with the right fairings and tail that need to be replaced. It seems almost impossible to find one in decent shape on Ebay, and a local company said they could fix the rash and repaint for $350, then id have to buy the stickers from Suzuki to make it all back to normal.

My question is, have any of you guys used these fairings?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ABS-...3818890QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is the color scheme on my bike and i figured i could use these new fairings, then sell the left side (in perfect shape) and the left and center tail and recoup some of the money. What do you guys think i could get out of those fairings? My other concearn is the fitment of these? Im a little scared to order them not knowing. Any advice would be appreciated!

Never used nor heard of them. Did you note the shipping rate? And what's the delivery time if the orders "usually ship within 15 business days" of payment?

I quess if you're laying the bike down a lot, then cheap plastics is the way to go! :poke:

Hope they're as good as they look in the pics. Good luck brother!

Never used or heard of them, but i wouldnt trust ebay paint jobs. But thats also coming from a painter.

Good luck with the cheap Chinese import fairings. A friend of mine used them on a GSXR1000. Took two days of work to get them to fit and they are now developing cracks in the paint. Your best bet is to bite the bullet and buy factory replacements.

I agree, if for the race track only , give em a try, fyi, the price of the whole set is less than 1 side panel from Suzuki, there not cheap, but Im guessing you get what you pay for,
Im tempted to get a set just to have

Ive found from someone who has bought them that they are crap. They dont fit right, and when you finally get them on, they look like garbage. I guess ill just get my rashed ones fixed.

Ive found from someone who has bought them that they are crap. They dont fit right, and when you finally get them on, they look like garbage. I guess ill just get my rashed ones fixed.

$350 for fixed plus stickers? I would just order a new one that comes ready to install.

edit: IS yours a black 2005?

edited edit: I see yours is a drak gray.

Last edited:

I had the same issue......decided to get the fairings fixed due to fitment problems and cheap quality

I just seen you need a tail also.....I cant find one n Oneida.

You might check with OnCycles and see what they can do for you?

The bad thing about repaint to factory..it might not match?

Thanks everyone! I have ordered just about everything i need from Ebay, minus the fairings. I was able to get a clutch and brake lever, bar ends, a front tire that actually has LOTS of tread, a right clip on, a new starter kill switch, and a throttle tube all for right at $150. I was also able to find a non rashed right side fairing (the smaller of the 2 for my bike) with some very minor scratches (we'll see) for $35! So now, the only things left are cosmetic...the fairing and the tail. With the parts i have, i should be able to get it back together and rideable, new paint for the fairings will come in time.

Thanks for all the help everyon!!

Back